 Administrative / General / 126
    Re: What's your current project? —Tom McDonald
   (...) With regards to rtl's FAQ we should leave it alone so we don't irk someone. But your idea sounds okay. One FAQ indigenous to each ng. Todd, since I know virtually nothing about servers (other than they serve information), how do you keep the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Todd Lehman
   (...) The standard thing to do would be to post them periodically to the group they represent. There is an 'Expires:' NNTP header for setting something to persist on the server for a long time, and a 'Supercedes:' header for posting a new message (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Tom McDonald
     (...) When such an operation occurs, it would be good if a message could automagically be posted to that ng that a new FAQ has been generated. Great for old-timers, semi-lurkers, and newbies alike. (...) You got it. I would volunteer to keep my (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Todd Lehman
     (...) Enfield is only a stone's throw from Hartford/New Haven, Connecticut, so the group would be lugnet.loc.us.ct.hnh, unless it might someday become prudent to have a separate Enfield group -- but I think most LEGO employees live 5-20 miles from (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Sarah Heacock
     (...) Additionally, this way you have a possibility of people actually READING the FAQ. If it is is just there all the time -- the one time it wil be in the message queue will be at the very beginning -- like the Welcome to... and Terms of Use (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: What's your current project? —Tom McDonald
   (...) Yeah. I found out the long way that an FAQ existed. Typed "lego" in a search engine, and eventually someone's page pointed to it. Then I read about RTL. Then I had to configure my newsreader, which I had never done before. That way I actually (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)