 Administrative / General / 12390 (-20)
  Re: Email address question

(...) Good idea, I'll put this on the admin.general page. -Lenny (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email address question

(...) I was just curious who was behind that address. I was going to suggest an address that all current admins receive. For instance, several ldraw.org addresses go to Tim and I. I think this helps out since I'm not always immediately available to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email address question

(...) Hi Orion, I had to go double-check, but currently it still comes to me. Do you think it would be more helpful if it went to N people? I try to address everything that arrives to that address, but sometimes things slip through the cracks. I do (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Email address question

Who receives the mail sent to admin AT lugnet dot com? Is it everyone who's an admin or one admin in particular? -Orion (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Respectfull communication. Which has not been happening here. I think Todd has been pretty clear for quite some time what the policy on language is. Sure, it isn't spelled out (and the admin team has recognized that the TOU DO need updating), (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I did. I also thought about the implications or the extra-ordinary problem that would take Dave K to actually stand up and say something that runs contary to the 'status quo', at least where the administration is concerned. What about those (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) With due respect, what recourse do we have if an admin is found to be grossly unsatisfactory in some way? I'm not saying that any of them are, but what if it should occur? Does the average LUGNET member just sit around waiting for that admin (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) And that's what some of us are considering. What we are doing however, by pointing out that we are close to the edge is that people are making Lugnet unfun to run. If all the admins decide it's unfun, then Lugnet goes away. I hope everyone (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I had difficulty resolving the grammar of Tim's line, but my final analysis was that Tim wasn't advotating any repurcussions from the admins directed at Chris for his posting about the cancelled competition here. But re-reading it, I'm more (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) May the first person that has never made a "speeling" mistake cast the first (tongue in cheek) inflamMatory spellcheck. snipped the rest (since it's just one post above) Hello, You brought up some interesting points, but I am a bit confused. I (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Joseph, Chris canceled his contest. Is that not at least some willingness on his part to look at other sides of the issue? Chris, I don't know Tim to be closed minded any more than any of us here. Why are people so often labeled as "closed (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) So you're threatening to revoke Chris' posting privileges in retaliation for his criticism of the Admins? Sounds like you're making Chris' case for him. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote: <SNIP> (...) I still want to know: What is he condensing? (...) Actually, you seem to have proven yourself to be extremely closed minded in your unwillingness to look at the other side of the issue. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) That's very kind of you. Nicely done. I take back my previous allusions... Dave K (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Actually, you are correct! I did make a post which, the next morning I re-read and requested to have it canceled as I felt it excessively vitriolic. If I recall correctly it contained NO ToU violations and did not generate a request for it to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

In lugnet.admin.general, Joseph Greene wrote: <snnip> Is this the same Joseph Greene who posted this (cancelled) message?-- (URL) were saying something about playing nice in someone elses pond? Hmmm, let's think about what gets a post cancelled (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Then let them come forward with *constructive* opinions on how to solve their grievances. NOT hide behind destructive tactics such as this. Your actions and their encouragement are wholly unnecessary and completely distructive to the (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Uh, don't lump us all in to this... that goes for both of you, Chris and Joseph. -Greg Hyland (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) TIM, People FEAR repercussions and choose to remail veiled!!! To call them cowards is insulting. I dont come at this lightly, AND I am certainly NOT alone. (...) ON line, Lar HAS contributed much. I agree, BUT that does not make this statement (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact