 Administrative / General / 12345 (-10)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Your interpretation. If the >'s were still in the post, and I didn't do any editing at all, and the entire post appeared with mine, then where does that get us. Furthermore, you are ignoring the greater issue where we say "Profanity bad! Must (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) One message from Larry is "all hell"? Tempest/teapot. Mountain/molehill. Though AFTER your post, a pale rider on a pale horse trotted by followed by with his entourage, which I suppose qualifies. :-) (...) I must say that I regard the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) This post was a violation of the ToS, regardless of where it was posted, even if only to admin.general (URL) it occured after he was warned that he needed to comply with the ToS or else. Hope that clears up your confusion. (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) True but irrelevant. You quoted, which was your choice. Therefore it was your action, your transgression. All else is smoke. (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Well, I was responding to the phrasing in (URL) this post> in which you wrote If you refuse to acknowledge that the ToS applies to you (a la Marchetti), then you will be suspended until you acknowledge it. I inferred from this (perhaps (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) And you very well know as a libertarian that one is not responsible for other people's actions. If someone sprays grafitti on a wall, yet I take a picture of that, I am not responsible for the grafitti. Just as if I quote a person who has (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) IMHO, I think the policy is fine. IMHO again, I think the problem that keeps popping up has to do with the (enforcement) mechanism. Seperate the policy from the mechanism. Examine each seperately. Look for alternative ways of enforcing the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I agree that one can write Carlin's 7 words on the internet(s--for Dubya fans out there). That said, if I was the owner of a website and this website allowed other pepople to post stuff, and one of my rules was that no 'foul language' can be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) He said the H-word! He said the H-word! Pick up the stones! (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) LOL, this is so cultural. I have had a lot of contact with youth from the Swedish equivalent to Assemblies of God. They would never ever take the Name in vain or mention the opposite of Heaven if they aren't talking about that final (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact