 Administrative / General / 12265 (-20)
  Re: Confusion updating email addresses

(...) I think you are right. I get it confused and the only way I keep it straight is that I have put bookmarks in for all the key pages. (...) The current admins (and yes, this ought to be somewhere) are Todd, Frank, Lenny, Larry, Kelly (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Confusion updating email addresses

(...) I'm glad you've found our thread. Hopefully the email thing is a knit and can be easily solved. I'd have for that to get in the way of the license process.. Please consider agreeing with our new license. Thanks, Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Confusion updating email addresses

(...) Larry, as I specified in my email to you, I updated my email address prior to posting. However, I did so via my profile page - it's been literally YEARS since I've had to go through the post setup page. IIRC, the last time I did so, that page (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) Because you hadn't yet went to the URL I pointed to, and/or no human had yet approved it. Reminder, this is it: (URL) and you should remember, there will be a lag, a human has to look at it and decide if it's valid. (...) Here's a hint back, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LDraw.org Contributer Agreement Status

(...) For example: (URL) (just the one I picked off the top of my head) Those people that are getting mail but ignoring Orion... why? This is important. The impact to the entire community will be somewhat negative, we may have to run with two (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET forum software?

(...) I believe that it's running custom code that Todd wrote on top of a slightly modified OS nntp server. Powered by perl! (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGNET forum software?

I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find it in the mass of posts. What is the software that LUGNET uses to run the discussion boards? Is it off the shelf, custom, or somewhere in-between? Thanks, James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Any chance someone can reset my password?

(...) Which admins have you sent mail to so far? Thanks! (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Any chance someone can reset my password?

I forgot my password and I can't get up. Member #40 Michael Gasperi (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Hello! (...) Oh, people (kids, parents, non-AFOLs) are using "legos" all the time around here. It simply is shorter for "LEGO bricks" and everybody still knows exactly what this term ("legos") is referring to. As long as it's not used in official (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Calling "lego" "legos" must be an american thing; I have never heard it used in the UK. Interestingly, searching loc.uk for "legos" got hits for "lego's". Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Exactly. It lacks class. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Language Choices and LUGNET

The issue of profanity on LUGNET has raised many hackles, and I can't say I blame most of the people who have expressed unhappiness. The rules are vague, the punishments appear somewhat arbitrary, the entire reason for having language guidelines (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: LUGENT Traffic?

(...) In the past it sometimes but not always been indicative of a lot of spiders and webcrawlers scanning the site... hmm... you by any chance haven't had anything to do with making LUGNET more attractive to SPIDERS lately, have you Duane??? ((URL) (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGENT Traffic?

I've been getting this message quite often in the last week or so: Server temporarily unavailable due to heavy load. Please try again in a few minutes. Is the site getting more hits than normal, or is this indicative of another problem? -Duane (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Problems with Lugnet and Peeron

(...) That's actually normat - most likely the machine at #11 doesn't reply to ICMP packets - usually firewalls/routers. Since it's the last jump before the server, I think a firewall there is very likely. (...) I wonder if it's a DNS issue - if you (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")

(...) That's true, Ondrew, the large amount of time that LUGNET has required from the admin team lately is not your problem. Unfortunately, when issues that have been dealt with (as this one has been) are reopened with repeats of insinuations and (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Effeet insults 101 was (Re: who does chris think he is?)

(...) As do many people, but what most, while doing so, don't realize is that they are on some level arguing for or against something. Whether the argument is with the 2 $^#$%$#^ bricks that won't separate or the @#$^& thing you dislike (for (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact