 Administrative / General / 11897
Re: Some facts about current events and a small opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:27:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Saskia van Doesburg wrote:
I don't know what people think/expect, but I don't expect more talk about sexual
things than there already is on Lugnet (so that will be almost none).

Precisely the reason why in my opinion this lgbt newsgroup doesn't belong here.

There are way more important things to talk about.

Agreed.

I know for some people it gets scary when it comes close, but maybe you just
should ignore the newsgroup and get on with your hobby.

That's what I intend to do.  I am not scared or offended, mind you.  I
personnally have had gay and lesbian friends and I do not pretend I will never
fall in love with a man, as I accept this possibility for myself (but i'm
presently in love with my wife, so it won't happen soon).  I am open-minded on
these matters and am for the same-sex marriage and same-sex adoption.  I'll
defend any injustices made to lgbt people just as I would for myself, but still,
such a newsgroup is totally irrelevant on Lugnet and it deviates the Lugnet
orientation, which is LEGO topics.

There are newsgroup on the Internet for gays and lesbians, religious people and
pet-lovers, to name a fes examples of things that have nothing to do with LEGO.
We don't need these topics to be included here.

Terry