 Administrative / General / 11893
Re: Some facts about current events and a small opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
[snip]
I would imagine that IF some people wanted to make a LEGO users group
(offsite from lugnet) for GLBT and then ask for a newsgroup here on lugnet
(lugnet.org.glbt), they would probably get it as long as posts abided by the
TOS.  But by the definitions above, the very WORDS (gay, lesbian, bisexual,
and trangendered) imply a sexual connotation and WILL be misconstrued by
many readers and many readers' parents.

Please also keep in mind that (and this has ALSO been run into the ground -
even by me) by being granted a glbt newsgroup on lugnet, you will force
actions for others to request (and have granted) groups for heterosexuals,
straights, homophobics, and abstinents.  Why?  Just as the same reason you
want a group where your ideology is recognized and not questioned, other
people have that same right.  They can't fathom or understand your views,
and you can't fathom or understand theirs. So there will be separation.

Rob Hendrix

Maybe, instead of making polls, you should take the time to learn about
homosexuality. As far as I see, you don't have a clue what it's all about. I'd
really wish people would stop referring to lgtb as sexual behaviour because that
just isn't the point of being lgtb. It's how you are born, not something you
choose. It is not an ideology.
I don't know what people think/expect, but I don't expect more talk about sexual
things than there already is on Lugnet (so that will be almost none).
There are way more important things to talk about.

I know for some people it gets scary when it comes close, but maybe you just
should ignore the newsgroup and get on with your hobby.

Saskia