 Administrative / General / 11284
Re: Signing off...till March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:02:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The outage happened yesterday, remember?

Yes.  I also happen to remember that Todd reported the DNS registry as expiring
on the 18th.  _One_day_ before the original post in this thread.  I'm not an
expert, but I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that the DNS
registration might have glitched as a result of passing the listed expiration
date.

Never said it was outside the realm of possibility. But the nameserver caches
were all working fine, till yesterday, that's how things work, the flush order
doesn't go out till a week after the expiry.

Also, there are a lot of people that use mail verification, but no one else
seems to have reported a problem.

So I see the probability as low ... Not zero, but low.

Just to clerify a few things.
I posted the answer quite late (some days later), I recall thinking, that it was
too late for this thread, but what... I have sometimes seen, that the
confirmation mail cames app 24 hours later, so I did not think that much of it.

The same happened yesterday, I posted a new thread about bricklink/dark blue,
which went well, but also an answer somewhere else, for which I still do not
have got a confirmation mail.
This time I posted from home, and have the post, so I'll repost later.

I'll copy this one in case it gets lost :-)

BR