 Administrative / General / 11278
Re: Signing off...till March
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:25:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
While LUGNET WAS down, but is back up now, I didn't think the outage would
have impacted confirmation mails. It's a Todd question, I think.

"You may have been able to see and access the website but unable to post;
this is because the server, internally, needs to be able to look up its
own IP address for various functions, and this was failing."

That was part of Todd's post explaining the outage, and it might have had
something to do with it.  You can read the rest of the post here:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=11276