 Administrative / General / 11096
  Re: admin change

[oops, reposting -- I accidentally posted the first reply in lugnet.general] A quick follow-up and then I have to go pack for NWBrickCon. I love this role -- but it's very time-consuming. Consequently, whenever I've walked in these shoes in the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: admin change

Two things. First, a huge thank you to Suzanne for all the work you have done on this site. Along with a very small number of sites (Brickshelf in particular) Lugnet has helped turn us all from individual hobbyists into a true community. So we all (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

<<snipp> (...) Indeed. And that I have become. I have updated the subpages of CLSotW and awaits: (...) ...but as I have said before and still claim, there is no rush Todd! Do it when you have time, don't do Lugnet work on NWBrickCon unless you feel (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

<<snip>> (...) I can do this on GMT-time if the requests are posted to either a SPAM-free e-mail adress (yeah, right) or a newsgroup (don't know how this works since I have not needed it myself - *knock on wood*). <<snip>> (...) I'm afraid that (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: admin change

(...) For only $50/month you can have a colo box at (URL) but it wouldn't be able to be used for commercial endeavors. Since I think the only commercial aspect to Lugnet is the Amazon and similar links, that is probably OK. They also do hosting on (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) Well, I certainly do forget a lot. (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) (or more, as you choose and as you feel you've used up more bandwidth) (...) I'd argue that LUGNET is profoundly commercial, in that it was intended to be a livelihood at one point. (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) We had this issue at BZPower and finally found a decent roost through a reseller named Easy Host Solutions. BZP has a dedicated Linux server which is just about keeping up (although the site is graphically much more intense than Lugnet, so (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) Hmmm. I think maybe you're underestimating the intensity of Lugnet. (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) No, I was referring to the number of images on a served page, and the byte count generated by an average BZPower page load, in comparison to pages on Lugnet which on average have far fewer individual graphics. The requirements from Kevin are (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)