 Administrative / General / 11001
Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
I think the only thing that needs to be done is for posters to hit the 'enter'
button to start a new line when they go in and mess with the quoted portion of
the post.

Hey, y'know what?  Maybe the server is taking enough responsibility here for the
mistake.  True, it's not the server's fault if the user botches up quoting and
submits a line 500 characters long -- but it *is* the server's fault for
accepting a miscreant posting like that via the web interface.

And if the preview screen shows a problem, that should be the first clue that
there is a line wrapping problem, and those can easily be figured out how to fix
(ie hitting enter).

Ya, and second clue should be a big red box of error text.  :-)