 Administrative / General / 10999
Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:39:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
nah, some people (like myself) do use the > and < every so often in posts.

yah, but do you do it on lines that are 120+ characters long?  :-)

Having the server cut it off and start a new line will not give me the desired
effect.

nod.

I think the only thing that needs to be done is for posters to hit the 'enter'
button to start a new line when they go in and mess with the quoted portion of
the post.

And if the preview screen shows a problem, that should be the first clue that
there is a line wrapping problem, and those can easily be figured out how to fix
(ie hitting enter).

ya, preview is wicked important...even with plain text!!

--Todd