 Administrative / General / 10894
Re: Monkeypede
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:28:59 GMT

Todd -
This is an old topic, and I came across it cause I was browsing for models
posted on the groups. It brings up a concern of mine - the CAD DAT groups
and file associations/extensions in Windows.

I'm a bit rusty on MIME-types in Win2K, cause I think they try to keep you
from manually editing that. I believe setting the MIME-type on the file
association to application/x-ldraw will allow Windows to recognize the
format being passed to it, then it will open in the default LDraw viewer.

Steve notes the interface here doesn't support .LDR. I am wondering, if the
server can pass a .ldr or .mpd (or .dat) file to the computer, instead of
the 'ldraw.cgi' file. I think that would make life easier?

Let me know if I'm way off base here - but I seem to remember this being
brought up before too.

Thanks!

-Tim

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Shiri Dori writes:

Grr, still no good. I imported all the submodels into the main file - should
I have done otherwise?

The problem is with LUGNET's code to return LDraw content (the [DAT]
hyperlink).  It doesn't recognize the .ldr file extension.

If you copy the code out of your message, and save it in a new file, the
monkypede renders just fine.

I've attached an mpd file that uses the old-stle .dat extensions, and should
work in the web interface.