 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1983
Re: Monkeypede
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 03:04:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Todd Lehman writes:
What happens if you type the following into your URL bar?--
  http://news.lugnet.com/news/ldraw.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat.models:1812&poo.ldr

d'Oh --- flush that.  Try THIS:
http://news.lugnet.com/news/ldraw.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat.models:1812&foo=poo.ldr

MSIE 5.50 on Windows 2000 is prompting me to save or open ldraw.ldr.  How's
that for mixing and matching...

My IE 5.0 tries to download ldraw.cgi from that poo.ldr link, and mozilla
1.2.1 tries to download monkeypede.ldr.cgi, go figure.

Ok -- Steve Bliss ICQ'ed me and suggested trying L3Lab's Register File Types
option to settle the MIME-types. Win2K doesn't allow you to manually edit
the MIME-types through the interface, and I forget how to do it in the registry.

So, I try this L3Lab feature, and it reconfigures my file associations as
expected, for .dat and .mpd (but not .ldr). Now it appears L3Lab fixed my
MIME-types (perhaps I hadn't manually entered them for all file types, or
perhaps not at all on this install of Win2K). Since IE still interprets
LUGNET as serving me a .cgi file, it still opens with MLCad - since I
associated the two. BUT -- now MLCad renders the file properly, instead of
giving me an error!

If I open a DAT file via http, it opens in L3Lab.

-Tim