 Administrative / General / 10685
  Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

The system Admins may already be aware of this, but it appears that the open relay database is listing Lugnet.com as an open relay. (URL) only found this out because my mail provider started blocking emails from open relays last week. When I got to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I started not receiving mail from Lugnet last night yesterday too. I usually get a comfirmation email when I post NNTP, but that did not happen yesterday. I am not friends with my mail admin, so I cannot change this. -Rob "posting from the web now" (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

Below is a reply I received from my email provider after I requested A solution to my problem from their end. -Rob Hello, Thanks for your description. Now I see the situation. Yes, the mail server on all standard LinkSky accounts uses the Open Relay (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

(...) Are we the only two users affected? Cheers. Carlo Lugnet #24 (posting from web, sigh...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I am surprised. I thought this was big enough to post it, and expected a pretty quick response form the system admins here. Have any of the administrators noticed this? Is it being worked on? I believe that this is more important than just some (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Andy Lynch wrote in message <011c01c2c09f$7b8594...th.com>... (...) Have you tried emailing Todd or Suz directly as well as posting here? I do agree this is pretty serious. Kevin ---...--- NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces! (URL) TOWN (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

(...) I appear to be affected also. Normally I receive the posting confirmation request email within a few minutes of posting a message. I'm still waiting for a confirmation on a message I posted by NNTP nearly a half hour ago. Would it be (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

No, I admit I have not emailed them directly. I will do that now. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> (...) expected (...) I do (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

(...) I have done so, as well as copying a few other folks that might have been able to shed some light. (I too agree, this appears serious to me...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)