 Administrative / General / 10686
Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:44:48 GMT

I started not receiving mail from Lugnet last night yesterday too.  I
usually get a comfirmation email when I post NNTP, but that did not happen
yesterday.  I am not friends with my mail admin, so I cannot change this.

-Rob "posting from the web now" Hendrix
        (which is a problem)

In lugnet.admin.general, Andy Lynch writes:
The system Admins may already be aware of this, but it appears that the open
relay database is listing Lugnet.com as an open relay.  http://ordb.org

I only found this out because my mail provider started blocking emails from
open relays last week.  When I got to work this morning, I did not receive
any Lugnet email, so I thought that was odd.

According to the record at ordb.org:
http://ordb.org/lookup/?host=lugnet.com
Lugnet was added at 2003-01-15 15:41 GMT.

My mail administrator is a friend of mine, and he is aware of Todd's
"guru-ness" and so he is allowing me to receive Lugnet mail, but other
people may not be so fortunate.

-Andy Lynch