 Administrative / General / 10615 (-20)
  Re: New newsgroup

(...) I'll fall in line with the majority on this one, but is my humble opinion that the thoughts and ideas expressed in o.t-d are for the express purview of o.t-d, and the participants thereof, and anything that goes on here shan't affect (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  New newsgroup

Isn't it time for Lugnet.politics? Duq (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Need Password Please

Just letting you know I'm being patient :) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H2L3GD.HDt@lugnet.com... (...) fun (...) <snipped> (...) Jason is absolutely correct, watch what you say! About, what, a year ago(?) somebody took the language a little too far for many of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!

(...) Watch the language would you? This is supposed to be a family friendly site. The language you used in the above paragraph is not the sort of language anyone wants their kids reading. (...) Indeed constructive cristism can be good. (This is in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rate the factions

(...) Question is more likely, is it easily feasible? Doing a more-or-less standard select,sum,and average query on a database is pretty easy, and is pretty optomized. Picking out the X high and X low votes and removing them before taking the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rate the factions

(...) Ahhhh, I knew there was something I forgot. I looked at all the set ratings, and noticed some weinie had gone through and rated a bunch of very good sets as 0, in a fit of ratings trashing. I was curious as to where things would fall out if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Forgotten Password - help!

I've also forgotten my password, and had no response from admin@lugnet.com (sent an email on August 12th). Any chance I can have it reset? Cheers, Ben (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rate the factions

(...) This is indeed a problem. I noticed this quite a while back with set ratings, too. Someone went through and rated just about all the classic castle sets "0". Now, given that there were at least 50 votes or so for each set, it didn't affect the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Becoming a member

(...) Details here (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Becoming a member

(...) IIRC Todd & Suz stopped sending out membership "packets" after ... umm... I forget, but after a certain point. Afterwards (now), they just send out the password so that you may access member-specific pages through the web-interface. DaveE (FUT (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Becoming a member

(...) About all you can do is post to .Admin.General and wait. Sometimes it takes a while.... -Duane (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Been tied up

I'm sorry that I haven't been around much lately. FYI, it's because my wedding planning is in high-gear. (of course it's way more work than I thought it'd be - a tiny guest list, but in another city.) Please forgive me if I don't keep up with LUGNET (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Need Password Please

Hi, I've been trying on and off over the past couple of months to get my password e-mailed to me. I've e-mailed Todd, Suz, Dan and Lar on different occasions and in some cases more than once. I was hoping I could get my password before we change (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: posting question

Dave, You're right, probably the wrong place to post. But I tried your suggestion and it worked fine. Thanks. Bruce (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: posting question

I'm not sure if you mean to post this to admin.nntp? It sounds like you're using the web interface, not NNTP? If not, ignore this, because I know little about NNTP interfaces. The way it works via the web interface is cookie-based. Thre's two kinds (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

Not meaning to harp on the same subject too much, but this is true again this week. I would hate for this to be "Treblock, Galactic Brick, and the site that will win" every week. Don't get me wrong, Treblock and Galactic Brick are both great sites (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Line wrapping

It looks to me like the problem is in long subjects, rather than a long list. Funny thing is though that I can't reproduce it. When I resize a window I can't get the message frame to resize and wrap lines.... Duq "Mark P" <mark@landofbricks.com> (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Unscheduled downtime

Many apologies for the unscheduled downtime today. The server experienced an extended outage today beginning at 11:38am EST and ending at 7:44pm EST. It has been rebooted by the folks at the co-location site and appears to be operating normally. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: moonbase inprogress teaser

(...) Jesse, For quite a while, I was taking pictures with a $20 parallel port webcam attached to a Pentium, not great resolution, but okay. Here's one example, (URL) , as well as most of the pictures here, (URL) . I took pictures of my blacksmith (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact