 Administrative / General / 10532
Re: Fixed! ($Here's the Deal$)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:39:21 GMT

"Richard Noeckel" <SHroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> writes:

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:

[I've manually translated the special characters to what I see.]

And It \222s not my mess.

Yes, it is your mess. You *know* you are making postings that show up bad
for many readers, and yet you choose to continue to post that way.

(Oh, like I should be held accountable for the few individuals
who use a program that\222s limited in it\222s character recognition!)

Its called "standards". Stick to ASCII text and more people will actually
read your postings. To me, all of your fancy characters show up as a
backslash followed by the 3-digit octal value of the character. Frankly,
your posts are so ugly to me that I generally skip them, regardless of
whether I'm reading the general thread or not.

It\222s just that plain text is sooooo boring!
(Yes, I'm aware that it\222s the content that counts.)
BUT,
A nicely formulated post with a few snazzy
characters can only enhance the overall letter IMHO.

What is nice and what is not is quite a lot in the mind of the reader. You
may think its snazzy. Many others may think its ugly and stupid.

This isn't meant as a personal insult, but it seems to me that your
attitude is very "Microsoft": you don't care about anyone using other
tools, or about existing standards - you just want to do your own thing,
adding tiny things that look a little bit cute to folks using your tool set.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/