 Administrative / General / 10475 (-10)
  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) That's weird, I was thinking it's the exact _opposite_. (In fact, I've arranged my subscriptions based on this premise, that I need only the upper-level groups, that the lower-level groups will be included...) Suz, Todd, which way is correct? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  message authentication

Hi! After posting several messages recently, it became obvious to me that the "dreaded authentication process" was actually quite painless. Simple. Easy, in fact. The (relatively) new system with a web link in the authentication email really (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) Because 'lugnet.cad.dat' is retired, inactive, no-longer-in-existence. Unless I misunderstand news-by-mail, you only get messages for groups you specifically subscribe to, not all the subgroups under the specific groups. Steve (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  subscription page won't remember my confirmation code...

I'm a member of LUGNet ("(URL) I'm usually "signed in" on my parent's PC (i.e., LUGNet remembers my member ID and password). And yet, LUGNet does _not_ remember my "confirmation code" on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  why no ".dat" email digests?...

I've tried getting "lugnet.cad.dat" via email (digest) on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) I've _never_ gotten any messages for ".dat"... Why? Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Oh, I agree, this is really a reason. Thank you very much for the explanation, Todd! Have a nice weekend, René (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Replying to posts

To whom it may concern, My name is Tim Rice and whenever I reply to a lugnet post from my home computer using Juno as an e-mail service, the reply starts a whole new thread. Evidence of this can be found by searching for "hi here" a thread series (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) René, I think I understand where you're coming from, and how on the surface it might seem a bit ungracious of us to contact TLC about the coupon code. I'll share some more thoughts: I wouldn't say it's a "bad" thing per se that the string (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Oh. I thought this would be a "site by fans, for fans" as announced at the homepage. Where the users are making the content. (...) If this is your view, everone has to tolerate it, but please do tolerate other views and also speculations too. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: patience please

(...) [...] (...) Thank you for posting this! The absense of messages like this is exactly what people meant whey they said "sitting on your hands". If it isn't obvious that you're doing anything, there is a certain temptation to assume that you're (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact