 Administrative / General / 10260 (-5)
  Re: Porthole alternative

(...) Are you saying the idea of a norm is scary? Guess society's all screwed up by its very nature. Community norms aren't a bad thing. I have no idea why the idea is stigmatized. (...) I don't think you can point a finger at anyone and say they (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  RE: Porthole alternative

(...) Hopefully this thread is far enough removed from the original infraction that this post can be taken as unbiased... IMHO, all the "policing", or "gentle guidance", or whatever posts are much more annoying than the infractions themselves. The (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Porthole alternative

(...) Is it possible, just possible, that the norm (a scary-ish notion in and of itself) is approximately zero-tolerance? And therefore very nearly unsupportable? The mere appearance that there are Posting Police (whether there is or isn't) is (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Porthole alternative

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs9tC4.Hys@lugnet.com... (...) The illustration above is not at all what I picture Larry's actions to be. Nor is it what I picture anyone else's actions who has advocated community policing (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Porthole alternative

(...) Hey! Same here! Sure, it's fine if somebody corrects an error, but It really gets bad when they self appoint themselves as LUGNET police. It takes all the fun out of the original discussion,and turns it into a flame war, something I don't like (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact