 Administrative / General / 10175 (-20)
  Re: This boy needs some serious help!

I sent him a big box of Lego in December. (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GrDHrI.KA9@lugnet.com... (...) I've had a few email exchanges with him. He approached me once and wanted to chat on ICQ, I explained that I had since removed the program. Seemed to be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This boy needs some serious help!

(...) We're working on the problem now. Thanks for pointing it out. -Suz (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This boy needs some serious help!

Funny things is that he writes about it at RTL as if someone else put that information up: (URL) he goes on to babble about some other LUNGET stuff: (URL) don't really get what's going on with this guy, I looked at past LUGNET post and couldn't (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This boy needs some serious help!

(...) He obviously needs some help. I hope the Admins do something about this obvious violation of the ToS, not banning him, just the content. If anybody knows him personally, please make sure this cry for help gets answered. Jude (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This boy needs some serious help!

(...) Yikes, I agree. Doing a quick news search of his posts indicates he hasn't posted for months, and when he did, he seemed quite troubled. I wonder if anyone in Australia knows whatever happened to him? Maggie C. x-posted once to a relevant (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  This boy needs some serious help!

I saw this from a post over on R.T.L. (URL) don't really understand what this guys problem is, but his membership page needs to be disabled or something. jt (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org

(...) Well, most of the misplaced posts are castle-world, which has it's own group (I'd also prefer to not see the castle-world posts in lugnet.castle, or at least the IOM ones). I'd prefer to go to lugnet.castle.org.cw to see all of the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org

(...) That tends to provoke cries of "who are you, the LUGNET police?" and "why can't I, I'm just as right as you" (or "I wanted to post my sale announcement here because I didn't get any traffic from b-s-t"). Then we get the obligatory "Is LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org

(...) Check. Much hassle to flip on and off, ne? Would just getting more serious about gently guiding misposts EACH time you see them help? (...) I thought they were tending towards better (although just a slight tend) at least in the last few (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org

(...) I agree that there's certainly room for more .castle.orgs. My suggestion is that the point at which someone wants to start such a suggestion, they just ask for lugnet.castle.org to open for posting again. The other option perhaps is to just (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Use of lugnet.castle.org

(...) Once it went non postable, where would discussion of a competing (to CW) group and its early formative stage posts themselves go (prior to it getting its own castle.org.subgroup), should such arise? Mostly rhetorical, CW presumably has first (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

I would say I am having this problem also. I don't know the content of the ads as I tend to just delete them on sight. Maybe I am wrong about where the leak in my information is coming from, but what caught my eye is my FULL name in some of the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Use of lugnet.castle.org

I'm wondering if lugnet.castle.org should be made into a non-postable group. It seems to sport occasional Castle World postings which really don't belong since lugnet.castle.org.cw exists, and not much else. Frank "compartmentalized dork" Filz (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Newish Idea for LUGNET [was Re: TLC sends people to www.brickself.com]

(...) Okay, now I really have to propose this idea that's been banging around in my head for the past few weeks. The motivations come, in part, from my work organizing and grading my EQMM collection[1] and from reading the LUGNET Plan[2]. I think (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

(...) That's certainly one way to do it (that'll work right now!), but I was thinking of having a picture that actually displayed on the member profile page. And as others have said, it'd be cool to have a minifig picture, too! ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) DOH!!! Well, at least I know it's a good idea. ;) Steve (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) uhhhh... they are already there? (URL) an example) :) Dan (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) Alternately, could the highlight textual icons be added to the 'brief' message list display? It wouldn't be a search, but at least you could see at a glance which messages got tagged. Steve (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

<snip> (...) I tried it, and it works great!!! here is my member page, it is URL 3, labelled, "What I look like" I don't know if that's what some had in mind, of course those that have 3 URL's already linked, they are out of luck!! :( Benjamin (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact