 Administrative / General / 1017
    Re: GRAND OPENING! —Mike Stanley
   (...) Perhaps you failed to read the charter for lugnet.announce: lugnet.announce General-interest announcements to the community (breaking news about products, releases, contests, events, and sites, etc.); also, important LUGNET information (new (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: GRAND OPENING! —Todd Lehman
     (...) This announcement caught my skeptical eye as well. I think this one is a toss-up... A reasonable case could be made that what's being announced is not the auction itself but the grand opening of a new web site (which just happens to feature (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: GRAND OPENING! —Mike Stanley
     (...) Well, I wouldn't really call it a web site that "just happens to feature auctions" because it looks (right now anyway) like it only hosts auctions. A nit, to be sure, but it isn't like it's a multi-layered site featuring models, pictures, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: GRAND OPENING! —Gene Rodriguez III
     (...) Mike, The EveryAuction script was the most painless way for me get an "ebay" feel for the site. EA has its quirks, but works pretty well overall. Gene (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: GRAND OPENING! —Mike Stanley
     Gene Rodriguez III <gr3@superlink.net> wrote: [Moving this to off-topic.fun] (...) Oh, the EveryAuction script is pretty cool. I played with it on my Linux box for a while and thought of using it but I don't want to use my box at work to do any (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

         Re: GRAND OPENING! —Gene Rodriguez III
     (...) DTRH, the company that runs the hosting has been very responsive. I think they're just starting out which may explain the rough edges. The price is certainly right. (...) Right now I'm set up with an admin web page. I'm currently using a macro (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: GRAND OPENING! —Gene Rodriguez III
   (...) Mike, Thanks for pointing out my error. Although I've been a lurker here at lugnet for some time, this is one of the first occasions I've had to actually post. At the time I felt that the nature of The Brickyard was unique and that posting in (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)