 Off-Topic / Fun / 806
Re: GRAND OPENING!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:15:42 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:

How do you like the place that is hosting your auctions?  I saw they
have a $20 setup fee and then $5 per month which seems rather
generous.

DTRH, the company that runs the hosting has been very responsive. I think
they're just starting out which may explain the rough edges. The price is
certainly right.

I'm also wondering how you access the site to update auction
information.  Do you telnet in and edit the files manually or have
they crafted some web page you enter items in one at a time?  For an
auction as large as yours and as large as some of mine can be entering
items one at a time could get old pretty quick.

Right now I'm set up with an admin web page. I'm currently using a macro script
to transfer lot info from a database into the web form. Tedious, but it works.
I'm also in the process of working on a utility to convert database records
into the appropriate data format.

Thanks again for your interest,
Gene