 Administrative / General / 1022
Re: GRAND OPENING!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 06:16:30 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
This announcement caught my skeptical eye as well.  I think this one is a
toss-up...  A reasonable case could be made that what's being announced is
not the auction itself but the grand opening of a new web site (which just
happens to feature auctions).

Well, I wouldn't really call it a web site that "just happens to
feature auctions" because it looks (right now anyway) like it only
hosts auctions.

A nit, to be sure, but it isn't like it's a multi-layered site
featuring models, pictures, other content, etc, AND auctions.

Note I happen to like the site.  In fact, it is using an auction
script that I played with some a few months ago.

In fact, if the site that seems to do the actual hosting seemed a
little more professionally run, I might consider running some of my
own auctions there.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide