 Administrative / Financial / 75
Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kevin Wilson writes:
LUGNET Admin wrote in message ...
The idea never got much farther than me talking about it, and making a • nifty
icon. But being as how we're brainstorming over in the • lugnet.admin.finance
area, maybe this is worth re-visiting.

Okay, I made a quick mock-up. This isn't a fully developed concept... I • just
want to give you some idea of what I meant in previous post.

http://www.baseplate.com/temp/lugnet/market-brickshops.gif

I like this idea, it looks interesting!

How would you decide what "a shop" is? Individual Bricklink stores vs
Bricklink itself, for instance... or like I have my own custom kits website
AND a Bricklink parts store, I'd rather see those treated as 2 separate
stores.

Kevin

So are you saying that you would like to have two seperate accounts? One for
your custom model kits and the other for your parts shop on Bricklink? I do
not see that as a problem, if you are willing to pay for both accounts in
essence doubling your advertising.

If there is going to be payment for advertising, it needs to be priced in
such a way that it is worth spending a couple of bucks more for better value
for the spots. Kinda like: 1 spot for $1, 5 spots for $4, 10 spots for $7
etc... (This is an example and since I have no idea what the spots should be
worth).

$.02

Jude