 Administrative / Database / 70
69  |  71
Subject:
A Technic set DB outline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 03:04:23 GMT

Hi:

First, thanks for everyone's help with my earlier database question.
Here is a new one: does anyone have a Lego database in a true relational
format (with all of the normalization, etc)?

I have come up with an outline that will hold all of the information I
currently compile for Technic sets and wondered if it is possible to put it
into a relational format. Is this even worth doing?

Anyway here is outline, I would appreciate any comments. Of course
if I ever get the database finished it would be available to anyone who
wanted the data (Everything is currently available on my site in
both PDF and HTML).

Lego database:

INDEX TABLE

GlobalSetNo (Set number)
RecID (Record number)

ISO TABLE

ShortISOCode (2 char ISO code)
LongISOCode (3 char ISO code)
CountryName (Country)

THEME TABLE

COLOR TABLE

ColorName (Color)
ColorIntroDate (Introduction date)

MINIFIG TABLE

MinifigType (Minifig type)
MinifigIntroDate (Introduction date)
MinifigDisDate (Discontinue date)

SET TABLE

RecID (Record number)

ThemeType (Theme) ---> linked to Theme table
SubthemeType (Subtheme) ---> linked to theme table

IndexTerm1 (Index terms)
IndexTerm2
IndexTerm3

/* Set Names */

SetNo (Set number) SetName1 (Set Name) LongISOCode
(Country)-->linked to ISO
SetNo SetName2 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName3 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName4 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName5 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName6 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName7 LongISOCode
SetNo SetName8 LongISOCode

/* Dates */
SetIntroDate (Introduction date)
SetDisDate (Discontinue date)
SetDateNote (Notes)

/* Elements */
PieceQty (Number of pieces)
CountType (Actual/approximate)

/* Specialized elements */
MinifigQty (Number of minifigs) MinifigType (Type of Minifig) -->
linked to minifig table

ElementName1 (Element) ElementQty (number of elements)
ElementName2 ElementQty
ElementName3 ElementQty
ElementName4 ElementQty

/* Colors */
PriColor1 (Primary color) PriColor2
SecColor1 (Secondary color) SecColor2
TerColor1 (Sec/terteriary color) TerColor3

/* Instructions */
InstrPages1 (Number of pages)
InstrSize1 (Size of instruction booklet)
InsrtNote1 (Notes)

InstrPages2 (Number of pages)
InstrSize2 (Size of instruction booklet)
InsrtNote2 (Notes)

InstrPages3 (Number of pages)
InstrSize3 (Size of instruction booklet)
InsrtNote3 (Notes)

/* Other materials */
MedType1 (Media type)
Med Size1 (Media size)
MedNote1 (Notes)

MedType2 (Media type)
Med Size2 (Media size)
MedNote2 (Notes)

/* General set notes */
SetNote1 (Set Notes)
SetNote2
SetNote3

/* Set Images */
ImageName1 (File name)
ImageFileSize1 (File size)
ImageSize1 (Image size)

ImageName2 (File name)
ImageFileSize2 (File size)
ImageSize2 (Image size)

Thanks for your assistance.

Jim
hughesj@one.net
w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/technica.html