 Administrative / Database / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
A database question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:36:50 GMT

Hi:

I am currently in the early stages of completely redoing my Lego
Technics site and decided it would be cool to put all of my information
about technic sets and elements into an Access database (this may
not be the best choice but is was free!). At very least I could
then generate my HTML automatically and possibly end up with
dynamic ASP (or CGI) pages.

Since I know absolutely nothing about databases and alot of you
guys know alot about them here is my question:

What is the best way to handle the fact that a given set number
can refer to different sets and a given set can have multiple
set numbers?

I thought that I could have a simple table of all possible (Technic) set
numbers with each number pointing the real set record.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Jim
hughesj@one.net