 Administrative / Database / 187
Re: Semi-ADMIN: Pause Train Reference Improvement Work in Good Shape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:15:45 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Looking at the 'themes browse' page
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/browse.cgi>, I notice both 4.5V Trains and
4.5v Trains.  Was this intentional?

Nope. The one value where I unintentionally typed an uppercase V (the
first) has been fixed.  Can't explain the second one.

The two links under 4.5V Trains don't match the years shown on the browse page.

I'm not sure I'm understanding here; Are you thinking that 4.5V
Trains/Accessory Elements are linked to 1992 (?)  The two boxes on
that page are separate, one is theme names, the other is years; the
two columns are not related.

Likewise the first link under 4.5v Trains.  Actually, for all the links I
checked, the year shown on the browse page has nothing to do with the years of
the related set(s).

Hmm.  I seem to have misunderstood the machinations Todd put in place
for auto-reindexing.  They don't seem to have removed "dead"
categories from the list.  The first value under 4.5v Trains shouldn't
BE there.

In fact, 12v Trains should not have an "Accessories", "Level
Crossing", or "Track", and 4.5v Trains should not have "Accessories",
"Accessory Locomotive", "Accessory Train Car", "Level Crossing",
"Train Station" or "Train Track", and all those links are bound to
return what seem like non-sensical answers.  <sigh>

But the years don't match up in any case on the browse page.  :-)

-- joshua

Ironically, the 9v stuff, which I went ahead and fixed after
announcing these changes, all looks to be in really good shape.  :-P
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:04:25 GMT, Joshua Delahunty