 Administrative / Database / 1080
Re: Member details in set database moved to subpages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:03:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:

I don't like it either, especially when it shows up right in your face on
a set DB page.  For reasons of server load and the above, I've moved the
notes and buy/sell/own listings to subpages that you can click up if you
want to see them.  It won't censor "x-theme sucks" for you, but it moves it
further away from the first screen.  Again, this wasn't done just because
some party pooper was writing "sucks" on some entries -- mainly it was for
speed of display and bandwidth.  Some of the pages were getting excessively
huge, especially when viewing 10 full-view-mode sets at a time.

oh, being QA, I have to mention... :)  there's no way right now to get back to
the set info, from any of the subpages...  All in all, I didn't mind seeing
everything there, but I do understand issues like server load and some
comments... :/  However, I think the optimal solution would be a cookie based
viewing, like I think was mentioned some other place in this thread...

Great work!  Always good to see lugnet evolving :)

Dan