 Administrative / Database / 104
Re: Fuzzy categories: The death of black & white
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:32:08 GMT

  *  Are 2150 Train Station and 4554 Metro Station the same set with
     different colors?  Or are they different sets because they have
     different set numbers and different colors?

The minifigures are different as well - more in touch with the new style of
faces.

  *  Is 6816 Cyber Blaster really an Exploriens set as TLG claims it to
     be on the packaging?  Or is it really a U.F.O. set?

If someone had the whole line of exploriens and U.F.O's built and had them side
by side and then gave someone this set to put into one or the other, I doubt
many would put it into the explorien group.

  *  Are Launch Command and Space Port sets space sets?  Or are they
     town sets?

I think you could build a town around these, where would they be as far as
space?  Space is kind of the future of town legos for me, and space port is the
link between the two... (or something)

  *  Are Brown and Green 2x2 round plates more special than other colors?
     Or are all colors equally special?

The Brown 2x2's provide very important barrel lids.  Too many barrels come
without lids, which makes me look to other sources for them.  Is there another
place to find lids?  Or do people use some other color to substitute?  Or do
they just use the lidless barrels for something?

Pawel