 Administrative / Curators / 257 (-20)
  Re: who is the castle curator???

Hey, It looks nice. A couple of suggestions: Looking at .trains as a model, some graphics would be nice, either official sets or minifigs, or a couple of cool MOCs. If it were MOCs you would want to rotate these relatively often so lots of people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: How to get curatorship of a group?

(...) That's great! I appreciate it. Best of luck on the big event! Jona (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) When I looked at the ftx source ((URL) looked like you did the hot castle posts by hand... Or at least the output ftx did. Are you using the function to build it: "NewsSpotlight(lugnet.castle)" ?? Other than that (which could be an anomaly of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Thanks Matt and John for your early input. I worked for a couple hours tonight starting this up. Here is an "early" look to the proposed castle side-bar. I have cross-posted this to lugnet.admin.curator to see if this is acceptable with the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: SCLTC Curator

(...) Understood, but you might not get the point of FTX, then... (...) The URL needs a trailing slash (Todd has a hack that adds them when inadvertantly omitted, in most cases. This isn't one of them...) The page itself is very nice, except I think (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: SCLTC Curator

(...) sorry 'bout that. fixed. -Suz (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: SCLTC Curator

(...) I'm afraid I think of shows and handouts as "Local" and online as "World". I guess its becuase most people wouldn't know we existed of we didn't have a our website (or lugnet.trains.org.scltc). (...) Updating our group page is quite easy (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: How to get curatorship of a group?

(...) Hi Jona. sorry for the dalay. (it's as Lar said, been busy w/wedding) Your permissions are now on. Thanks for your help with LUGNET! -Suz (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) I think it's key to point out that curators are editors of the side bar and other pages related to a group. They are not moderators of the group, though their opinions may be given more weight (but then only because they have earned respect (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Thanks. But it didn't happen all at once. Further, it wasn't very much me, it was mostly the suggestions of people in the group. When someone had a tidbit or a good resource to share I'd add it, whether it was sent to me via email, or (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: SCLTC Curator

(...) (some of) (...) We are finding that people find out about us (and thus form a first impression) a variety of ways. Some here on LUGNET. Some via our website, found without having come here first. But MOST, via our shows and our handouts at (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the .space curator (was Re: who is the castle curator???)

(...) Doh! that's right, I was supposed to see to it months ago. [blushing] Todd had reminded me too. :-\ sorry. (...) Ok, you're on! :-D -Suz (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  SCLTC Curator

While we're on the topic of curators... Could I be the curator of lugnet.trains.org.scltc? I'm the club's webmaster, so I already control the world's first impression of our group. - Thomas Michon Webmaster, www.scltc.org (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Basically, a group's curator is a volunteer LUGNET member who keeps up with a list of links for the group. He/she has edit-permissions to a 'sidebar' of information on the newsgroup's homepage. They also can create underlying pages of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

Hello! (...) No pun intended. Indeed :-) Please forgive me this question but what is meant with "Curator"? Some kind of co-admin or sub-admin just for the .castle group? I do not aim to be a grinch but I know from my own experience that something (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) This is too funny! Has this jus’ suddenly become a bid for the throne? A struggle that could unite or rip apart the kingdom??? A battle of wills and opinions from competing Dukes and Barons… <Slaps forehead!> OMFG give me a break! This isn’t a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  who is the .space curator (was Re: who is the castle curator???)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:H5Bq32.H9x@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) think (...) but (...) Actually thats not entirely true. :-) I sent you an email a while ago about this but I knew you were busy. I'm ready to be set up as (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Hi! (FYI: I'm now on my way back into 'real life') (...) Well, that wasn't part of a [conscious] descision on my part, but I think I know what you mean. The geater the scope of a theme, the harder it is to think of any one person as the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) I am against the entire notion of supporting a curator for castle. In my opinion, there is no real need for one, as castle is a more "free flowing" group. A power struggle would only contribute to its demise, and effectively, I think some (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) No Prob, Lar. What I meant was that, while the majority of castle-heads are very easy going, becoming king of the hill...err castle moderator, might lead to a power struggle or at least cause some complaints within the rank-and-file of the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact