 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 441 – 460 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Uh Oh... (was Traffic Error )

(...) I don't want to let something go that might conceivably be a bug somewhere. That wouldn't be good. Someone (...or...some...thing ;) caused the server to repost the message a second time. Unless there is some really horrible strange bug (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

Todd & All, (...) don't use the system in terms of the website interface, since I get all my LUGNET info from the NNTP. One of the most visible complaints I have of the ratings system is the inability of seeing these ratings on the various postings (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Announcing FTX for discussion groups

I am very happy to announce three changes today to the LUGNET News web interface: Fixed-width font now used for plain-text messages. Once upon a time, when LUGNET first served up messages via the web, messages were displayed in a fixed-width font. (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX) !!

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update

In lugnet.admin.terms, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote: <snip> (...) In situations such as these, I often consult 'the oracle'... Judge Payton: "Judges are bound to interpret the Constitution within the strict parameters of the text itself. The Constitution (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.terms)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote: <snip> (...) There are a few more things that warnings, proper adminship and the like are contingent on-- That the admins are not a bunch of bloviating blowhards (that leaves me out of the admin (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  A letter to Todd

Todd, Let me start off by saying I respect all the work and effort you have put into creating this site, it truly is a great site, and I DO love your site! I have from the first time I came here, nothing will change that. And I know this is your (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  What little loc groups are best for

(...) OK, so crossposting is one way that people can find the big group from the smaller groups. BTW, do you remember why you never bothered to check out the main loc.uk group initially (don't worry, no one is going to laugh or criticise...just want (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Legends of Todd

(...) Ok, I'm going to say again what I've been saying privately-- I wholeheartedly disagree. People want to see what's going on. That's how communities work. My current view on the LTT is that they're trying to turn Lugnet into a cold-exteriored (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Is it truly an irrelevant detail? If it was, wouldn't that NOT create discrimination? True, on a day to day basis, for the most part, we don't care if any individual is LGBT, married, single, straight, young, old, or whatever. But Lugnet is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Brainstorming to Keep LUGNET Alive

Och! Ug! Okay, so it's after midnight here, and having only tonight (last night?) learned of this particular group, I have spent much of the last hour reading everything posted here thus far. It was one of my first (perhaps only) experiences around (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) However, (...) Yes that's it (more to that question later). (...) Agreed. Perhaps I underestimate the amount of patience that he has tried over the months. Though still, as patient as we have been, flames (in (...) (25 years ago, 11-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Pause update question/offer

(...) What about for Service packs - I noticed Pause has lots missing, the service packs don't have instructions - only the Service catalogue has a picture. eg. (URL) > They would have to be 300dippi 0%'ers, though, correct? (...) I'll probably do (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.759)

  Important message for people connecting via NNTP

Due to a recent distributed denial of service attack, we have shut down NNTP service on port 119 to prevent further service interruptions. Alternate ports 1119, 8000, and 8080 are still available. --Todd (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce) !!

service
(score: 1.758)

  distributed denial of service attack

I believe the recent "distributed denial of service attack" was SWEN. I was getting copies of that from all over the world to my lugnews address, and only to my lugnews address, until you moved ports. That shut off the incoming viri like a switch. I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 1.757)

  Updates of 5063, 5005, 5071, 5038, 5068, 5039, 5065, 5045, 5064

Hi Here is some updates for the LEGO database. All scans are made my me, Christian Kloumann The scans, and this info, are sent to ftp.lugnet.com to the directory incoming in the zip-file Chr_updates 5064: Picture of the service-pack: Locomotive (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.756)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

(...) What is all this noise about?? Who baited who?? Okay, I feel that Lar's post IS constructive and is, for the most part, factual and correct. I have not yet read the block X to Y discussion but I suppose I will take the time to do this (would (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.756)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) There are no mitigating circumstances after the first error. Terms of Service are Terms of Service. Violating them should lead to corrective action. If a person continues to violate, them, and shows that they have no understanding of why ToS's (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.756)

  Service interruptions - 11 May 99

I posted this to rec.toys.lego about 20 minutes ago... (...) Good news, Things now seem to be back up & running fine (of course there -could- still be further turbulence tonight). I'll have to tune in to the local pair newsgroups later tonight to (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.756)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> It's rather ironic that you say "take it to email" after YOU hijack my thread. I did not respond to yours, you responded to mine... what prevented you from sending me an email at that (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.756)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

What's truly sad about this is that there are cheaper ways in getting garage door parts....like this one: (URL) US for the Whole fire hall, and not a cheesy one either, one of the best City Fire Stations Lego has put out, the 6571 Flame Fighters. (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.756)

More:  Next Page >>