 Administrative / General / 10418
Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 07:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Larry,
Do you consider this post "constructive"? I certainly don't. If the readers
of this group think I should reply to this nonsense I will, but I really
don't see the point. The facts are abundantly clear, and your squirming
won't change them.

What do you hope to accomplish? Do you think the admins have nothing else to
do other than read this?

Scott A

What is all this noise about?? Who baited who??

Okay, I feel that Lar's post IS constructive and is, for the most part, factual
and correct.  I have not yet read the block X to Y discussion but I suppose I
will take the time to do this (would rather not)

I have some comments on this:

First, I browse the marketplace posts on a daily basis [1]
In doing so, I never even noticed the post by Scott Arthur about his service
packs.  There is just something about seeing his name that sends me in the
other direction regardless of the topic or content (or lack thereof).  When I
went back to search for the post, I was not impressed due to lack of
information--nothing interesting that would make me follow the link to
BrickLink and see what was avaiable.  And since I am not interested in
purchasing service packs, I am equally as uninterested in Lar's offer.

So my first taste of what was to come here was Lar's original post which
seemed perfectly normal.  I was taken aback by Scott's loud *sigh* post and
at once deemed it totally inappropriate and childlike.  And I still agree
with that assessment.  The bickering that ensued was all quite stupid and
unnecessary.  Scott's sigh is definitely baiting Lar, here.

However,
In going back to see what Scott is whining about, I can see the problems.
Lar's post has copied the Subject line from Scott's message with just one word
(Pirate) omitted.  A reference to Pirate is even mentioned in Lar's first posts
stating that he doesn't have any just now.  Lar's reference to competitor's
pricing can also be viewed as a slam against Scott if you take into account the
timing of Lar's post versus Scott's.

So, Who baited who??
I have to say that Lar baited Scott.
Knowing the history of these two, I have to believe it was intentional.

Lar, I am disappointed as you are better than that.
I do not dispute your privilege to post what and when you choose, but the
manner {tactics} used here seem to have a hidden agenda.  Let's end it now,
please.

__Kevin Salm__
curator, Lugnet marketplace newsgroups

[1]  Exception:  I just spent the last 4 days or so offline and I enjoyed it.
Coming back to Lugnet to find this junk in buy-sell-trade has not been the
highlight of my day.