 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1101 – 1120 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  A Question on Logging in and posting

Hi, Todd; I've logged into LUGNET from a machine that I usually don't use, and therefore are not logged in from my usual IP (it's static on my work machine). I have logged in using my member information, but everytime I reply to a message, or start (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.294)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) I had assumed that the mail went to the email shown as your email identifier as controlled by the cookie you set when you set up a particular machine for posting. I have not actually tried this so I am guessing. But try setting your home (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.294)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Very very delayed reply (boy oh boy)... But point in case - I don't subscribe to any groups. I read them on the web - I like it better that way! -Shiri (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.294)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) Major sites should avoid re-structuring as much as possible, and should provide redirects when the structure changes. I am slowly building a set of LEGO reference pages. Because there is no guarantee that site structure won't change, I often (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in article <FoAsq9.3z9@lugnet.com>... (...) quotes (...) to (...) I wasn't really worried about what was really being searched for with the quote.yahoo.com URL. In fact, I was using it as an example as well. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.294)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) Shaun, I don't know if this helps but you can set up multiple posting accounts with LUGNET. You would fill out the setup on each computer and use the appropriate E-mail that would come to that computer. This way each computer has a cookie on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.294)

  E-Mail Authentication Error? (Was: Find your Birthday Buddy)

Todd, I replied to the authentication e-mail message on this one with an 'x' in the (...) option, and it seems to have been posted anyway. FYI. I realized that I had replied to all instead of where the follow ups were set to, so I changed my mind (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: Automated password appraisal (Re: New feature: Article rating)

(...) It's not too hard. But I forgot; you're using a web hosting place. (Pair?) Depending on what level of service you're paying for, you may already have ssl support. (Or conversely, it may not be an option.) (...) I've not noticed that bad of a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.293)

  Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

Hi All, I apologize if this has already been covered - if so, if some kind soul could point me to the appropriate article, it would be greatly appreciated. If it hasn't come up before ... here we go: What is the easiest way to allow for post (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Like Shiri said, it was in your membership packet (which many of us have never received). Also, it would have been in the email you received after your payment was received. The email I received had the subject 'Membership Activation'. (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  A few Pause oddities

I see what Jennifer means, this ng is addictive. 1. <set:3438 McDonald's Restaurant> is categorized under LEGO,Promotional,McDonald's, but <set:3442 LEGOLAND California Truck> is categorized under LEGO,SYSTEM,Town,Pro...,LEGOLAND. I think the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.293)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) If you automate the reponse to the authentication e-mail, all I have to do is spoof your identity as Mad Hatter has done several times. Because the authentication gets sent to your email regardless of where I post from, and your response is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) This would help a few (maybe a lot) more people, but some people still use mail clients which don't support HTML, so they would need a text-based solution as well. Probably better to try & get a useable text-based solution first, and add HTML (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: Posting problem with the web-interface!

(...) I think you are correct. 1038 doesn't seem to specify any limit. The Internet draft at <URL:(URL) suggests 998 as a _minimum_ ("MUST") and lines of arbitrary length as recommended ("SHOULD"). I'm not sure where they got that number from; it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.293)

  Re: Lego site broken again? (was Re: new set?)

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:38EEF1B9.1D530E...faq.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) SMOKING CRACK (...) If I am not mistaken (and it is hard to check from an airplane), the 633 red roof pack is part of the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.293)

  E-mail authentication during posting

The Quick Summary ===...=== Effectively immediately, all LUGNET News posts now require e-mail authentication after posting, in order to prevent the continuance of forged messages. An exception to this rule is if you are a member and signed-in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard, lugnet.cad) !!

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Inline authentication is used with success in some mailing list packages for moderating lists, but what worries me most about inline authentication is how easy it would be to accidentally cc someone when posting via e-mail (for example, if you (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello Ross, hello everybody, (...) Can one of you set me straight: I assume the attacker has no access to my email account. How could he, then, automate an email reply I have to send in order to make my post valid? As for a minimum amount of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  x-http header?

hey, just an idea... when you get news-by-mail, there's an x-http header (or something similar), that will give you the url to the same message in the web interface... useful when you want to rate a message you just read. Is it possible to add that (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

I think policy makes sense. - Marc Cook (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.293)

More:  Next Page >>