  Search Results: fred
 Results 261 – 280 of about 1900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) It may be bluntly stated, but frankly, if you are not here to work with all the members and users of Lugnet to make Lugnet a better place, I think you are in the wrong place. Take a look at the Lugnet plan for some of Todd's and Suzanne's (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: 68HC11A1

The A1 is discontinued, so you might not be able to find it. instead use the mc68hc11e1fn with the Handy Board. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Using LEGO active sensors

Basically you have to implement the switched 9v transistor / diode circuit on the Exp Bd. Check the schematics for details. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Running IC w/WME

Jim I discovered that if you remove the PIF file then IC works. Or, you can first launch a DOS shell and then type IC from within that shell. Fred (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) I've been finding the same thing here in the Pacific NW. Nothing stays on the shelves very long around here. I checked out 3 or 4 Targets and they only had a couple odds and ends at the 30% markdown left. I also did a couple TRU, Walmarts, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

Fred and Dan, For some reason, I'm apparently having trouble explaining my findings, doing something wrong -- or not understanding what Fred is telling me. Now that my HB runs " main() " functions just fine upon powerup reset, I did my experiment on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.228)

  Re: 0x8000 and main()

Fred, Dan, and Chuck, Thanks to an email from Chuck McManis (thanks, Chuck), I now have a better understanding of what's going on with respect to the main() function and memory location 0x8000. Chuck asked me if the main() function is executed after (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Walmart Clearance?

"sun yun" <solasphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GprGnD.6G3@lugnet.com... (...) $50 (...) flow. Where are you? I went by one yesterday and everything was still 25%-30%. Some of this stuff may go to discount Liquidators. Liquidator World puts (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: JRM code and Reset

Fred, Thanks for the info on how IC determines whether to auto-start a program or not. Based on your suggestions ---- I just finished downloading the open-source (free) version of IC. I had been running Newton Labs 3.1 and most recently 3.2. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, Man, do you ever sleep? I hope you know how much your support is appreciated. Here is a copy of my jrm1.c file. Just a reminder, if I type " main() " in the IC window on my PC, this file executes flawlessly. Thanks, John /* filename: jrm1.c (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, I double-checked, and my " main() " program (filename: jrm1.c) is all lower case letters. I confirmed case sensitivity by trying to call the " main() " file (filename: jrm1.c) which has been downloaded to the HB by typing " Main() " on the PC. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Reset & running Main ( )

Fred, Thanks for the very prompt response. Your responses to queries on this board continue to provide very useful insights. With respect to your response #1, it is helpful to know that "list files" does not actually read the Handy Board and is (...) (23 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: JRM code and Reset

John, I just did the same test, I think what Fred was saying is that IC sets the 0x8000 to accept a startup program if one is loaded. If I poke a 0 to that address then load any program it sets back to 1. I think he was wandering if your IC version (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Sopwith Camel (#3451) shipped...

(...) I like this part, but not as much as the straight rail. In $20 red bucket 4128 it became common in white in 1997. This was the bucket Mike Poindexter tried to purchase in bulk at Legoland, but Fred Meyer stores got them instead: (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Sopwith Camel (#3451) shipped...

(...) I like this part, but not as much as the straight rail. In $20 red bucket 4128 it became common in white in 1997. This was the bucket Mike Stanley tried to purchase in bulk at Legoland, but Fred Meyer stores got them instead: (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  0x8000 and main()

Dan, Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "a startup program". To me, a "startup program" means there is a file downloaded to the HB that contains a " main() " function, i.e., a function which will automatically be executed upon startup (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.227)

  main() Reset -- THE SAGA ENDS !! ---

Fellow Lugnuts, Doe anyone want to purchase a 74HC244 (U5) that "kinda works" ? YES, YES, believe it or not, U5 was my problem !! The mystery is not totally solved, because even using both a logic probe and an o-scope, I cannot see any indication (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) ok, this time it looks better: 121335 Posts, 2298 Unique names. SORTED BY FREQUENCY Larry Pieniazek 3739 Todd Lehman 1741 Frank Filz 1708 Mark Sandlin 1664 Ross Crawford 1554 Lindsay Frederick Braun 1288 Scott Arthur 1271 Matthew Gerber 1217 (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp) !!

fred
(score: 0.226)

  Re: New watches?

(...) I spotted these at Fred Meyers in Seattle. They are pretty wee for adults. If I didn't already have that mask, I would have picked one up probably. (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

fred
(score: 0.225)

  January Mini-Challenge

Here are some comments about the January Mini-Challenge. The idea is to build a robot that will drag-race from the starting line to the finish line and stop within a very short distance of the finish line. The starting and finish lines will be made (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

fred
(score: 0.223)

More:  Next Page >>