  Search Results: brasso
 Results 141 – 160 of about 350.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Best way to remove marker pen from Lego?

(...) Interesting... my experiments with removing LEGO printing from slopes, using brasso, an old T-shirt and a lot of elbow grease, completely removed the texture from the sloping brick. Maybe you could use a coarser abrasive on normal bricks, and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: older grey pieces turning yellow

Just a thought - I noticed this thread yesterday, I think, and started wondering if Brasso the wonder-cleaner (I need a robot with a name like that - would the market carry such a product? Maybe I'll have to build one...) any-hoo - wondering if (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: How to make old white legos clean again?

I'm told on this newsgroup that Brasso(tm), some wonderful stuff you can pick up at the home improvement store, works great for this, and for removing the paint from printed blocks. I haven't tried it myself yet, though. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Very nice! Now all you have to do is take some Brasso or NevrDull to the printing on the half-domes ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Question

(...) I tried that tonight and my head melted! :-( I think I'll try brasso next time. Sigh... -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Review: 7166 Imperial Shuttle

It's a smoked window piece, and it's printed. There's always Brasso. :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

(...) It looks like he used Brasso on the UCS TIE cockpit trans-smoke dome. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) I use two methods to clean track. #1 Aggressive cleaning... use Brasso Silver Polish. this works the best! #2 touchup cleaning.. Rubbing alcohol Wayne (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: UFO - Printed or Stickers?

(...) They are preprinted :( but there is a little item called brasso that is supposed to be able to remove the printing. (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Spray Paint Gone Awry - Need Help

As Larry said, cleaning this many parts with Brasso would be an enormous job and it wouldn't work on anything textured, like roof bricks, and would take the printing off any printed parts. My suggestion would be to take some of the more disposable (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: ci maximum

(...) Bananas are best when they're just a bit green at the ends. My Brasso is hidden in a box somewhere. The phone company dug a hole in front of my apartment. And your racer is quite yummy. In particular, I'm lovin the color scheme and the usage (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) I've heard the above double-negative form used quite often--but it's usually combined with a modulation or inflection, where the NOT is stressed to set it in opposition to an assertion made immediately prior, such as: Person A: "I wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Episode I Mini-Figs

Thanks for the tip. Could you tell me a bit more about Brasso? What exactly is it and where can I purchase it? Also, I was thinking of using black knight helmets from the Castle Theme for the helmets of the Chancellor's Guards. I have several of the (...) (25 years ago, 31-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

Brad, What was that about using Brasso to clean discolored white pieces?????? How does it work??? Please reply Power on, Andrew (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Yellow train door sets

(...) if there is ANYONE that has train doors with stripes of whatever color that was thinking of taking Brasso to them... STOP! Chances are, almost no matter what color you have, I have the same door without the stripe and I will trade you for it, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Custom Figure Help

(...) design. (...) This couldn't more true in the case of the UFO saucer sections. Orange and Black and Silver? Ugh! Brasso does require a bit of elbow grease but it works wonders and still leaves the piece with some its like-new sheen. I have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: UFO - Printed or Stickers?

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B61AE216.5A9E%s...ink.com... (...) I (...) I might have said the same to you. I thought Brasso was British! But I dont have a can to hand to find out. A search on the web seemed to indicate (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Where oh where?

(...) Two. And two of the neon-green sort. These things Brasso nicely--I have six blanks and six brassoed (and eight of the real big ones brassoed...mmmm). All hail the $14 6979! :D best LFB (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Wash your LEGO® Geoffrey... with the SOLVOL® Geoffrey...

(...) Wouldn't Solvol still be a bit abrasive? I use Brasso. This seems to be the generally accepted method of lego printing removal, and works a treat. It also leaves a nice shiny finish, but make sure you give it a good rinse afterwards. Allister (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) Hello, I just thought I would add my 2 cents here. I use to use Brasso without pre-sanding and as a lot of people noted that takes an incredibly long time and is hard on the fingers and the sinuses. Then I went to 600 grit sandpaper which (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 1.001)

More:  Next Page >>