  Search Results: brasso
 Results 121 – 140 of about 350.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Getting paint off Lego

(...) Brasso is good because it will not harm Lego pieces. I once left some decorated tiles soaking in Brasso for about 3 days and they are fine. Brasso by itself does not remove anything, however. What this means to me is I am not convinced that it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.219)

  Re: Getting paint off Lego

(...) Brasso. For (lots!) of hints and tips on how to use it well, enter "Brasso" in the news search box. Thanks, James (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.218)

  Re: Getting paint off Lego

A few drops of Brasso into a cotton ball and LOTS of elbow grease. Works great and doesn't bring down the sheen too much. Dave Jim Schifeling <acme.comics@verizon.net> wrote in message news:GKC2nv.3Ds@lugnet.com... (...) don't (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.218)

  Re: Harry Potter Minifig Pictures Posted

(...) Yes! Mega-ueber-thanks to the guy with the fastest digicam in the West. ;) (...) I dont' agree that's necessarily so. Troy, will the beard etc. fit on a head when it's on a minifig body? Granted, it'll be HUGE, but hey, if you want Grizzly (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

brasso
(score: 0.217)

  Re: Where oh where?

(...) Two. And two of the neon-green sort. These things Brasso nicely--I have six blanks and six brassoed (and eight of the real big ones brassoed...mmmm). All hail the $14 6979! :D best LFB (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.215)

  Re: Chapter 1 of Subterfugitives now online!

(...) wow thanks! you make me blush! (...) yep, everything is my own creation. The only thing shown in the story that I don't have built currently is the Bengrace. Fortunately, a lot of the sets are temporary and have modular walls for camera (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.215)

  Re: HoverThing Contest Entry #1: Kit-Car

(...) Now someone just needs to make a "millipede" craft...;) (...) Today I bought my first "Jack Stone" set (the little cop car), and God help me, I actually like some of the parts (gotta brasso the logos off the side fairings, though)! The reason (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 0.214)

  Falling to the dark side

It all started innocently enough, I thought that I could just alter some minifig faces to improve them, or differentiate them, by scraping off some of the factory paint with a craft knife. I built a mini-me, removing the microphone from a Divers (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 0.209)

  Re: Removing printing from slope bricks

Mookie wrote in message <3B369484.8D01EB35@t...ty.com>... (...) I've never had the patience to Brasso slopes long enough to get all the printing off them, and as you say the texture comes off too. Same problem with brake fluid, the paint in the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 0.209)

  Re: I'm Freee...eee

(...) Someone needs to write a best-selling self-help book, extolling the therapeutic value of playing with bricks. James could add grey highlights to his hair and adopt a USian accent with Danish roots, and do the talk show circuit. James becomes a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 0.209)

  Removing printing from slope bricks

My current project involves lots of blue 33deg slope bricks (3x4 and 3x2). Unfortunately, a substantial proportion of my collection is the decorated variety (from the Timmy set 4225 mostly). Does Brasso take the printing off slopes, or does the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014

(...) Think so too... (...) Yes, but i wish they were red & white... (...) Thats what i was thinking too... I'll have to get back into LEGO 6/8 wide trains... Those white quarter circle panels make me happy, not more brasso to get white ones for a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: Update on the Potter (was: Results from fishing trip)

(...) <snip> New link to pictures (URL)4708: $99.95 Hogwart's Express (...) As predicted, a train and engine, though since the train is obviously magical it doesn't need a seperate car to carry something as mundane as coal. The box artists seem to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: cleaning transparent pieces

I used Brasso and a cotton rag and buffered all my scratches out. however some of the deepier ones were a pain. the improvement for me was still to use the Brasso however I am using a small buffing wheel on my cordless dremel tool. Works great. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.storage)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: older grey pieces turning yellow

Just a thought - I noticed this thread yesterday, I think, and started wondering if Brasso the wonder-cleaner (I need a robot with a name like that - would the market carry such a product? Maybe I'll have to build one...) any-hoo - wondering if (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: cleaning transparent pieces

(...) Awesome idea! (...) Zac - Brasso is a smelly, ever-so-slightly abrasive polish for - you guessed it - brass! It will take the decals off of bricks that you would like to be plain, too. (very slowly) You have K-mart in Australia? Try finding (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.storage)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: cleaning transparent pieces

(...) What exactly is Brasso? I live in Australia so I don't know any of these American brands. Zac Soden ---...--- www.ozbricks.com/battlespace (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.storage)

brasso
(score: 0.208)

  Re: WANTED: Large Quanity of Tan plates & tiles...

(...) I've seen a few... Brasso will work ;-) (...) I'll see what i can get. Josh (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

brasso
(score: 0.204)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

This method has been posted on Lugnet several times before--if you really have stubborn stains that won't come off, even with repeated washing, try using BRASSO polish solution (this is typically used to polish metals and can be acquired easily from (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.204)

  Re: shields (Fright Knight Fans, please don't read)

I have sooo many fright knight shields. Fortunatey I also have a tin of brasso and acrylic paint. Glad Im not the only one. I feel better about it now :) James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk "James Aldrich" <jaldrich@greenbaynet.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.204)

More:  Next Page >>