  *97830 (-20)
  Re: New to RCX -- A couple of questions

(...) Call up LEGO & complain. They will send you a new one. (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  6394-Found! Now I need the box.

Wow! That was fast! I found 6394 (though not through LUGNet, but the point is I found it :-) ). Also, I just realized something. When I was typing my post earlier I was at my uncle's and I completely forgot it would post under his e- mail/name. Now (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Lego Outlets?

I know of the stores in California, Florida, and Michigan...can anyone tell me about the store in Virginia, we head that way about once or twice a year to visit relatives...maybe this next time I can make a detour. (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

(...) hinges (...) this (...) roofline (...) this (...) make a greater than 6 stud wide train set. Hmmm, but I don't have *that many* of those style windows, and even fewer in red. (...) in (...) other. (...) Very nice. I should remember "who do (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New to RCX -- A couple of questions

I lucked into a FOTW and am now the proud owner of an RCX. I'm playing around with the Lego programming system for now. As a result, I've got a couple of newbie type questions: Is there a Mindstorms FAQ available? Also, one of my motors sticks a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  QC

If you downloaded the QC files. I found an error in the QC.H file. Change the LCDPrintn to LCDPrint , otherwise most of the C programs will not compile correctly. John A. Donaldson (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Parts info

Hello there! I've just launched myself into the world Ldraw to document some of my creations (last night in fact I did my first model rendering). However, there are a few parts I could not find in the latest Ldraw parts list (maybe I'm just looking (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad)

  An epoch in my life...

Today was a landmark for me. It marked a new epoch in my life. Today I modified my first lego element! (1) Up 'till now I've seen some really great creations that were created by painting or modifying lego just a little... or a lot... For example, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  CameLUG (was Re: a name for "castle world")

(...) Oooh! Oooh! I like that one. :) (in case you hadn't picked it up) James (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: a name for "castle world"

(...) That's theoretically a good idea, but there's a problem with that - who are considered founders? Just the site designers? Everyone who offered something, like a map, a suggestion, an idea that turned out a hit? How do you decide if one is a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Train Control

Bingo!! I just realized this earlier today and need to test that, but my Lego motor is burned up and need a replacement...... James Powell wrote in message ... (...) too (...) of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Witch head and hair

I took a leap today and removed the icky grin graphics from my BV witch. I had been thinking: I love the hair, but that face is not going to work in my BV town. It came off with nail polish remover, though not as easily or nicely as I'd have liked. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  ebay is flakey tonight

ebay is experiencing problems tonight, so if you plan on a snipe attack , do it now. Especially if you'll be snipe-ing something of mine :) (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<388A44BC.CDEF4748@...ager.net>) wrote at 00:01:00 (...) Ah. But there is a difference between 'I recognise that' and 'It is a good model of that'. Yes, you are right. It is harder to make something recognisable (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

Dear James M., I just wanted to say again, you are one of my personal "gods of Lego®" (next to Eric Brok)! Please go on with your design of european "trash". I rally enjoy your page whenever I visit it, or show it to a friend of mine. And of course (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, John Neal (<3889D95C.A3177C3F@...west.net>) wrote at 16:22:54 (...) windows are similar sizes, but the bigger American coach bodies make them look smaller. Which is what you said :-) I seem to recall 70' as a coach length in the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) Sorry, but I have to disagree. If a person is unable to express him- or herself adequately without resorting to the use of language considered inappropriate for the circumstances, then that person needs to develop the skills that would enable (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

(...) group. (...) Looks Nice Send it to Lego, I think they would be interested in something like that. It keeps up in the old fashioned train they put out recently. Aaron (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

(...) See below. I see your points and follow your line of reasoning with which I agree for certain topics, but not this one. For example, I believe that your argument defends ignorant speech but not necessarily profanity. Bad taste is bad taste, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: a name for "castle world"

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Shiri (<ForAMo.FL2@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:35:12 (...) If you want to go for a fantasy feel, how about trying to combine elements of the founder's names? Just using Craig and Pawel, I came up with Paraig & Cra-Awel. With more (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 7 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact