  *94275 (-20)
  Re: part 2951 [Off topic word usage]

Eric Hampusgård <purjo@hem.passagen.se> wrote in message news:Fo9tCB.FH2@lugnet.com... (...) A hexagon is 6-sided; I think a 16 sided polygon is a hexadecagon, but I'm not certain. -John Van (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bulk Ordering - Results Revealed

(...) Read carefully- he had a special deal going with an employee of LEGO NZ, and could basically order any pieces he wanted. Tiles are a fairly obvious choice. :D If this is the kind of thing that bulk ordering will make easier, jeez, let's have (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Multitasking

I removed the multitasking features from my cruise and avoid code last night and discovered the robot runs smoother, using less code, and less RCX variables. David Leeper (just wanted to pass this along to those thinking about multitasking) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: John E. Doolittle,

Richard Parsons <rparsons@hinet.net.au> wrote in message news:Fo9xuw.EpC@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) giving (...) a (...) I guess this comes from me actually being an attorney (and a happily-married one at that). Chalk one literary idea to the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

James Beerman <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message news:Fo8rCx.GM7@lugnet.com... (...) Lugnet.cad.dat and lugnet.cad.dat.models serve as archives of fan created ldraw files, from which instructions can be generated. -John Van (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Target Observations

(...) You could always ask Target... But I've seen both red and gray dots. The gray mean that the stock was reordered, and the date is the date that was done. I think the red means the same since my Target has red dots on Year 2000 sets. -Jon (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TLCs stance on stop-motion films?

(...) Well half of the question is could one sell it. (assuming anyone would want it.) I am thinking of making a feature length film. (~2 hours) I have over 20,000 US$ worth of Lego elements. My question is could I use that as the medium of the film (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Ebay auction advice

(...) Odd, just about all my purchases have been on weekdays because that's when I have found the bidding to stay low (admittedly during the day). My best prices for selling have come consistently on weekends. Bruce (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: TLCs stance on stop-motion films?

(...) One probably _can_ use the Darth Vader minifig if it's a parody. And if you're not making any money off of this, free speech rights go a long way. (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: KMart in WVC

(...) sounds like aquasharks (URL) really like the black/blue colors but can't stand the pre-printed canopies (probably the only thing that has stopped me from buying the larger sets). thanks for the tip on that k-mart, mike!! ..joseph g (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc)

  Storage needed

My minifigs are starting to need a better storage set up. I'm looking for something which has perhaps 3"x3"x3" compartments, preferably resizeable (nice if they could be sized smaller). The thick Plano boxes which I've seen in Walmart aren't quite (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Price Question on Robo Stalkers

(...) Is anyone interested in Roboforce printed parts? I've got a bunch of Roboforce sets for parts, but will only use a few of the printed parts (which I've also got more of when buying printed parts lots off eBay). I don't have any 2153 Robo (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Quick and dirty scans of 5825 and 5826

(...) Too lazy? It will be a little bit easier to do this stuff now that I have a digital camera. My scanner is hiding somewhere (I saw it recently, so it isn't lost, just not hooked up). When I start scanning though, my first priority will be more (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: TLCs stance on stop-motion films?

(...) I neglected a key point in my original question that might change the senerio somewhat. What if one was to use minifigs as "actors" in a film. (Obviously one cannot use the Darth Vader minifig, but what about the tattooine luke if it is not (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: No in-box catalogs?

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:Fo91ot.KsG@lugnet.com... (...) The only 1999 technic sets that I bought so far is 8448 Super Car II and 8444 Air Enforcer, and both came with only a two sheet brochure instead of a catalog that (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Padding materials (was Re: FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US

(...) True... My knowledge is definitely limited to large newspapers (Boston Globe which I toured, and the Washington Post and the Chicago Tribune which were the main papers my sister was involved in). I must say though, it is sometimes interesting (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Quick and dirty scans of 5825 and 5826

(...) Well, I suppose not being the target audience may have something to do with it. I do think it is a good idea, though. (...) It was a bad joke. :) You made the comment a while ago about talking to yourself in this group when you replied to your (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Part functionality questions

Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com> wrote in message news:Fo96Lz.Htx@lugnet.com... (...) 8880 (...) SRBs (...) this a (...) LOL..:-) Actually, multi speed transmission mechanisms are basically mechanism that transforms the motion to a shaft or another, so a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Hey wow. I myself grew up in Elkhart -- I'm going there on vacation, starting today. Huh. Maybe it's a specially good area for Lego somehow. (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) Although the idea sounds good I have a couple of problems with it. I like Jodi's idea alot as well and in a way TLC is doing this with the 2 Ultimate Collector's Star Wars models coming out this year. Although, like Jodi, I would like to see (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Skipped 3 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact