  *91005 (-20)
  Re: Greenberg Shows Newsletter

(...) (URL) Martin (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How many sets?

OK OK OK, you twisted my arm..... That would be about 2900 sets and approximately 500,000 pieces. Windows and doors - about 6000, of which 4000 are from the classic era (from before 1978). I never took a complete inventory, but I did do some (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: definition of SPUD (was Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com)

[snipped .belville and .faq] (...) I like the way the U can stand for all of these things. Poetic overloading of the meaning. :) (...) Especially the US cannons. Talk about useless and decorative. SPUD-ness is in the eye of the beholder. For some (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) I would 'guess' they are waste. Most of the time the trees have some type of contamination for human hands, dirt, dust, grime, or maybe even mold release agent. Also, the energy required for remelting of the solid trees would be greater than (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Anyone ever build the Glacier Express?

I've been thinking now that we have LEGO Direct on our way and some other sets providing the necessary parts, I might want to try building part of the Swiss rail line. I've been on it and have books and photos I could use but what would really help (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review 7104 - Desert Skiff

Actually, I should thank you for the review. Thanks, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) Hear Hear... There is about zero reason for TLC to preserve the collectible value of older sets. Except for a small handfull of "limited edition" sets, TLC has never presented their sets as collectors items. (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Blue Spears and Samurai swords?

(...) D'oh! Thanks for correcting me! I knew they weren't Teal, but I didn't know what color to call them. Jeff P.S. Along the same line, can people stop calling the Beige pieces Tan? Tan is darker, more brown! (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: legofest o non legofest

(...) Allora vada per il 22, va meglio anche per me. Ciao Guillaume (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

(...) You are absolutely correct from an historical viewpoint - however, I usually write these kind of things from a gaming standpoint. That way I know who belongs where. But my admirals wear their bicorns front-to-back rather than side-to-side, so (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Scale?

(...) I'd think it's more like yards or meters, rather than feet. -- -Bones- = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises Tim Saupé wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Shipping from Germany

The banks *are* able to apply lower charges if they want. When you are in a strong position against them you can get very good conditions. For my own int'l transaction I use the same bank the company that employes me as a manager uses. And they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shipping)

  train event is over now....

(...) Hi Chris, yes we had a lot of fun, even if it was a hard kind of work to bring all our Lego models to the airport. We have had more than 250 kilogramms of that stuff there. Now it's all back at our homes and I fear it will take weeks to sort (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  [eBay] 2 5561 Bigfoot 4x4s for sale

I have two 4x4 Bigfoot Model Team sets for sale on eBay: (URL) brand new, never opened. Bid early and bid often! (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Civil War Theme

(...) Has anyone still seen wild west sets still out for sell at any stores? I have seen the 6706 Frontier Patrol and the weapons wagon but that is about all I can find. David (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.western)

  Trade 1 #4537 for 1 #4536

I have managed to arrange a trade for one of these from my previous post, but I am still looking to trade the other. Email me directly if interested. Paul (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  legOS Praise, and small request :)

I've just got V0.2.2 working, after at least a year of not having had time to play with it! I just wanted to say WOW :) It's come a long way, and I can't wait to start tinkering with it again! Fantastic work Markus! The small request? I use com2 for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Thoughts on 8448 (compared to 8880)

(...) Take it apart??? Don't you just go out and buy more??? :) Dave (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

It might be worthwhile posting some of the ideas here to lugnet.castle. I don't think it's wise to crosspost the whole discussion because it would get sidetracked, but there have been some great ideas flying about which I happen to be catching (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Ronald McDonald House

Hi Russell, They do in Holland, I made an office building for an constructor firm. I hoped to get the stones back after several months, but they gave it away after the building has been on display for only 2 days and it tokk me several days to get (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

Skipped 7 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact