  *90411 (-20)
  Re: Where to buy 8448?

(...) Otherwise: Sears (? don't know, here in Canada they carry it) TRU (rumored to be discontinued as a carried item, but the web page might have it, or they might be able to order it) James P (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.al.bir, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Petro-chemicals. You need someone to make ABS. Octan-Polymeres ? Octan-Elastomers ? Ray (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where to buy 8448?

(...) S@H? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.al.bir, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...[lego phone]

(...) Huh? That's like saying you own a box of Kleenix made by Puffs. Or that you own a Hoover made by Black & Decker. --Todd (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

(...) NAW. NAW, really? Seriously? No way. Really, Yeah? Nawwww... I gotta see _this_ to believe it! --Todd p.s. I think someone said there really were salt & pepper shakers shaped like 1x1 bricks though, that you could get at LEGOLAND. (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  What sets had Black Barrels?

Does anyone know what sets had black barrels in them? The only one I know of was the 1682 Space Shuttle; the barrels were used for the engine exhaust on the shuttle. Most of the Pirate sets had brown barrels, but the black ones seem to be rarer. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?

(...) Wot? You mean the destroyer droid only takes 2 days to build? :) Simon (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Chance of More 2K Sets?

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <38703BD1.7052AA23@p...su.edu>... (...) Since we have seen a pic of the smuggling compartments in th MF, there is a slight chance to see the Stormtroopers this year. ---D M Garcia (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Balancing Bots

From: "Dave Johnson" <djohnson@sirius.com> (...) You can easily do this with a differential. Use it the opposite way of the way that it is used in car models. Hook each motor up to the side of the differential, and then run your wheel off of the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Any interest in an instructions box??

Would anyone be interested in an Instructions Box?? An envelope would probably be better, but from waht I see, these things are usually called boxes so... I've never done a jambalaya before, but I have my eye on Minifig2 and General5. If anyone (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Balancing Bots

I'm working on a 'bot that will balance itself, and having pretty good success (it will keep itself up for 30 seconds or so on a good run, traveling around a bit, before it falls over). But I'd like to make it more stable, if possible, so that I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Swearing?

(...) Whoo hoo! One fo my very favorite debates has reared up again! And it's only been a week or so! You really can't tell people not to be "obscene", "vulgar" "profane" or "indecent" and expect them to follow those instructions exactly unless they (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEOG (was: Re: Rose Parade Float)

(...) Err, that is, I mean, if TLC ever produces a _minifig-scale_ Flintstones- style theme. I _love_ the DUPLO Dinosaurs sets, but I'm holding out hope someday (fingers crossed!!) for the same thing but in minifig scale. And with four sets in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A few questions...

From: "Dan Novy" <nutw4dlj@idt.net> (...) An interesting subproblem here (and one that more people would probably consider tackling) is building the container and robot. The container could land in any orientation (unless heavily weighted on one (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Its possible. The -egg- contest type people would be first on my list to get in contact with as regards to how to pad it. However, to launch a RCX robot, you are likely talking HPR (High Powered Rocketry, Certificate required) rather than (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Ben Gatrelle (<Fns2s8.Jqs@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:09:44 (...) And have you noticed the grey R2D2 body pieces at the back of the lasers? (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  LEOG (was: Re: Rose Parade Float)

(...) Typos are fun sometimes! I like the name "LEOG" :) If TLC ever produces a Flintstones-style theme with cavemen and dinosaurs[1] (this has been on my wish list for years!!!), I think Leog would be a great name for one of the characters. :) (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A few questions...

I don't want arial photography, I want to launch a robot a great distance, have it land, deploy, and start taking pics. Similar to the pathfinder mission, but on (obviously) a much smaller scale. I was wondering if anybody had built a container (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) They still do, called ASTROCAM. They used to make one that shot on 16mm film, called a CINIROC (I've had one in my hands, never launched one though...they are a heavy beast!). Why try to make one out of lego when there is a good lightweight (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Return to Lego!

"Marco Beri" <marcob@equalis.it> wrote in message news:3872fd51.408780...net.com... (...) Non se ne parla nemmeno. Anzi, in una economia come la nostra, fondata sul baratto ;-), sarebbe certamente preferibile uno scambio ad un pagamento......... -- (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

Skipped 4 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact