  *88886 (-20)
  Re: train event still going on....

Hi Ben, Amazing what you and youre friends did. I want to do so too,but there's no one in my neighborhood that i know for starting a kind of club. Go on with the hobby,it's realy nice. Ludo (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Destroyer Droid in new S@H catalog

(...) Not to correct the great Todd, but you're safer if you ask specifically for the one you want, the spring 2000 catalog. This catalog in particular is one that in the past had a small run (the smallest run of the 4 they do a year). Just asking (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Catalogue

Michael Edwards wrote in message ... (...) Japanses (...) I imagine these sets were made in Demark, but never needed in Japan. I've only opened 3 of my 8480s, all were in English. Scott A (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Re:foam balls

But are they soft and squishy? By the way, I found an amazing supplier of soft foam balls the right size for FLL competition. But cost is a big issue. --Jack Gregory John Barnes <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Instruction Query (oddity)

(...) No, Shiri was right. She didn't make a misteak. She has obviously been keeping up with her reverence of the great Larry who never makes misteaks. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Arctic commercial seen

(...) I saw that and a New Castle theme commerical on regular network TV. They use real people as the intro characters(artic /castle) then change to mini figs. Looks like Da Bears are pranksters, hee hee. John (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) They (can) look much like a traditional feather duster, only the "feathers" are very fine plastic filaments. For some reason they seem to come in bright colors (mine are bright green). I got a three pack at Target for around $9, I think. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Yup I'll be buying lots of these I suspect. It also has a blue bucket like the peasant's back pack. I especially like the three 1x6x2 arched railings. I've been wanting these in white, and up until this set, the only place I've seen them in (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

"Mark Tarrabain" <markt@lynx.bc.ca> wrote in message news:386BAA61.D9FEB6...x.bc.ca... (...) element -- (...) From the early 80s until last year many Technic elements were available with microtoothing. Examples are the half-bushing and toggle joint (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

In lugnet.western, John Rudy and others write: (...) Maybe one night when my insomnia's acting up! 8^) The U.S. is a culture which, idiotic though it be, recently castigated a public figure for using "niggardly" in a speech! Does anyone seriously (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

(...) Okay... possibly a dumb question - what exactly is meant by "micro-toothing"? (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How does Lego sort Lego?

(...) More accurately, several 'small' miracles... Moulding machines drop pieces into storage containers. When the time comes to use a piece in a polybag, the storage container is dumped into a 'feeder' machine on a packing line. On to step 2: (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How does Lego sort Lego?

(...) Brian, There have been a few descriptions of how the bags are filled, some sort of machine with multiple circular conveyor belts that deliver the parts up to a mixing point (IIRC). The bags are then weight checked to look for errors. The new (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Instruction Query (oddity)

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:45:54 GMT, Shiri uttered the following profundities... (...) Not a criticism! Just created an amusing image, of steaks in the sub, which the occupants nearly became! Mistake. Yet another of English's multiple methods of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.belville)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) Go to Glen Tannenbaum's page at: (URL) look for the roof bricks pack. It's a good deal. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) I agree. Your proposed rule doesn't address the problem, though, which I see as this: We did things first come first served. That's usually fair. But in this case, what it resulted in was the following: Person A discovered this thing. Person A (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8002 Destroyer Droid Errata

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:37:25 GMT, Tony Priestman uttered the following profundities... (...) Fortune favours the foolish.....or the brave, depending on which episode or film of Star Trek you watch... (...) I would be much obliged if you would! (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Train Sensors

Hi. Does anyone still have the text portion (I have the jpegs) of the note on touch sensors for trains? (I accidentally deleted the text.) Barbara Nostrand +---...---+ | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D. | | Contact via Email: mailto:nostrand@acm.org | | (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: www.lugnet.com on boxes

(...) Wow, wouldn't that be something! :) But IMO at this point that's a bit much to ask for, especially where official support comes in. A lot more "schmoozing" and probably more partnering on a per-project basis would hafta take place so that (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  How does Lego sort Lego?

When the bricks are first made, they're dropped into large buckets. Then a miracle occurs. Then pieces are very acuratly sorted into polybags. How are the bricks sorted? It would almost have to be automated. If that's the case, could that process be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Skipped 7 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact