  *82981 (-20)
  Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US

(...) Well I am jsut on the other side of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin and we have no new legos. I am in Kenosha just 60 miles north of Chicago. I am about ready to pull hair out for my new legos. The shelves are bare in the TRU by me but no new (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW!!!!

Una anche per me, se c'è ancora, grazie :-) Ciao Giulio Marco Beri ha scritto: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Bill Katz <billk@wald.wald-kramer.com> wrote in message news:944898283.20338...mer.com... (...) Brad: Bricks, slopes, plates and tiles are the place to start with bulk ordering - all colors, all sizes (personal plea - gray 1x__). Next, I would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) I guess part of my point is that not only are the Lego Company's current efforts not a part of the solution, they are ACTIVELY a part of the problem. Their "for girls" line is their least problem-solving/building oriented, and conversely, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  replacement construction for 'obsolete' narrow steering rack

It appears that the 1x6 plate with round ends with holes, as used to hold sterring gear together since the early 80s, is no longer made - at least the fee current sets that use standard (new) steering gear don't include it. (See "plate with (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) This is one of those Me too letters: I think so too. Re-releasing sets would be pretty easy for TLC, and people would love it. And buy them. (I know I would! I'd start with the Metroliner, then a few Pirate sets, the big police station...) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What some people will buy!

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FMJJ46.EoK@lugnet.com... (...) pretty (...) A MIB Metroliner, IIRC :-) Huw (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: NW Fest

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message (...) I should get your priorities right. They are more trouble than they're worth (see other threads...) Huw (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Yes, but they'd have to take something offline to produce these parts, and there's no guarantee that the molds are still useable (or even exist). It's also pretty clear that most of the "special" parts are made overseas (Billund or Sweeden I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Well I am not going to light you up at all because I agree with most of what you say. I actually think that other than a few slight differences our views on this subject are very similar. I agree that LEGO is not sought out by girls. I really (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Where are the carriers?

(...) I've been toying with the idea of a carrier for a few years now. The current sketches I've made are looking like the carrier will end up being about 250 studs long and 100 studs wide. No "whoosh"-ability there [per the other posts in this (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) Thanks! (...) Well, you can always give it a shot. A background for an AT-AT might be a little more difficult, though. But it's doable. I'd love to see the piece count on _that_ box. --Bram (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) I knew that would please you :) Unfortunately, now I can't see how gullible people really are... (...) :) --Bram (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) If only it were real :) Believe it or not, the name of the set is actually translated into French and Spanish at the the top of the box :) --Bram (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) Thanks! (...) I raytraced the images for the front and side panels of the box. Then I scanned in the logos from my Exploriens Starship box. I matched fonts as best I could where I needed to change the text a bit. After I finished creating the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: The wife problem

The main problem for me (my wife) is the space it all takes up... especially so near Christmas. This explains why one of my filing cabinets at work is full of Lego. The money thing does not bother her quite so much, as our Lego is more or less self (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) Thanks! (...) It was rendered using elements from the galaxy include files I got from somewhere. Believe it or not, creating the background took much longer than orienting the model like I wanted it. --Bram (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Genetic algorithm and Scout

I've just posted a genetic algorithm program that generates a program for the Scout (in Lego Assembler). The GA uses a simulation to determine a behaviour that allows the Scout to search for a bright light and stay in that area. The program itself (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(donning flame-retardant attire) When these young people walk out into the real world, they will find that not everyone is testosterone-driven, regardless of their gender. Gender and aggressive behavior do not line up evenly. I have known aggressive (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) Yes, I have posted sets to his father's house. Scott A (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Skipped 2 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact