  *82798 (-20)
  SV: Sale Postings (was: Super Car on sale)

I'm myself interested in finding great deals. But I unfortunately live in Sweden and can not take advantage of the bargains you find. :-( The cheapest we get RIS 1.5 in Sweden is for SEK 1900, around USD 120 or USD 130. That is at Smart. Jari (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Adventurer Maps

Dear Lego: Regarding the Adventurer Series Egypt tile maps, a small nit that I, as a geographer, feel compelled to make: The Pyramids of Cheops are on the west side of the Nile, not the east. This may seem trivial, however, the Pyramids were built (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Sale Postings (was: Super Car on sale)

As far as I'm concerned, last week was the most useful & informative week for me sense I've been on this list. First we get this great little piece of info that LEGO is actually listening to us and what we have to say. Not that it's really a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boba Fett

Saw the back of the 'fig. So much for "fixing" it. Damn! Dave David Simmons <alienbuz@concentric.net> wrote in message news:FMnwFn.G92@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Sets I'd Like To See

(...) AT-AT = All Terrain Armored Transport AT-ST = All Terrain Scout Transport (...) I'd like the captain to have an orange shoulder epaulet seen in the first film. (...) All that orange . . . (insert Homer Simpson drooling sound) (...) That would (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  ROBOLAB and OS 9

Some people have been reporting an "Error of Type II" when they try to install ROBOLAB onto a machine with OS9. The temporary solution for now is to copy the contents of the CD-ROM onto your desktop and install from the desktop and not the CD-ROM. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: stud.dat

Thanks. It looks like that did it. Models look SO much better now. ---Jon :-) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 6067 with an added bonus!

(...) Do you feel that you were misled or that the condition of the sets were misrepresented to you before you bought or traded for them? You don't make that clear in your post. I've bought sets from people that had missing elements, but I never (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Sale Postings (was: Super Car on sale)

(...) Dave, I for one would stongly encourage you to keep posting these when you find them: I think it's right on topic. Dave Johnson (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Article in the Globe and Mail

Saturday's Globe and Mail newspaper had a 3/4-page article on Lego, including an interview with some kids about "theme" Lego vs. Freestyle and other things we discuss here a lot. I tried to copy the URL but it was as long as your arm, so the easiest (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  6067 with an added bonus!

Well, a bunch of castle stuff that I bought from Tom Schlosser came over the weekend... and I found a rather good bonus! I bought the Guarded Inn (6067) and instead of the red princess conehead hat, I got the white one!!! Of course this means (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  SV: Oj, vad billigt!

Den kostar 59kr på Sagoland i Linköping... /Tommy (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Considering parting out 2 4561s

(...) Some part-lists call these pieces panels, some call them thinwalls. And some of these 4x1x4 pieces have dimples on the inside for shutters, window panes and doors to click into. Some don't. Which does the 4560/4561 have? Steve (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Anyone out there?

(...) Well, here you go then. Another person from New Jersey slinking out of the woodwork. I'm in central Jersey, I work near to New Brunswick, and live about 45 minutes south of there. I would attend a get together if there were one. (...) I'm (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.nj.tre, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  DEC 17 - Alex de Lindt - At the Downtown Bay Store

G'Day Saw an ad in Sat.'s paper: LEGO BOY WORKSHOP - 5th Floor Toy Dept., Dec. 17, 1999, 5:30 PM. Alex de Lint, Lego sculpture expert, shares his Lego skills for kids of all ages. This is at the Bay store at Queen and Yonge. Cheers! Oliver (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Why would they want to prevent it? Complete sets would almost certainly be cheaper than purchasing the parts directly, so there's not really an issue. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Actully, I think your last sentence captures the issue more than the first point. The problem with Paradisa isn't that it was marketed for girls. The problem is that it was a weird pink and has strange architectural stuff going on. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is just funny.

(...) WOW, it looks like the old 700e baseplate (10x20) used since the 1950's, which I haven't seen around in a long time. The white plate shown here was discontinued in the late 70's or early 80's (along with the gray one). The yellow, green, red (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an AFOL request list

(...) Jonathan, I really don't want someone speaking for me about "what I want". Now, I realize that your list is based on many valuable hours of Lugnet reading and research, and that the issues you covered are going to be ones that come up again (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) [Snip] Now that I have had a day or so to mull over what I would like to say here it is... Open Letter to Brad, TLC and the LEGO Direct Staff Many of the posts and letters from AFOLs and others that you will see have requests for solutions to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact