  *79353 (-20)
  Postal Rumblings

Okay, I might panic soon. S@H told me last night that they finally ran out of 6090, but mine was shipped the day after Thanksgiving to my PO box (they confirmed that they sent it). But my post office has not gotten it (?) even though it was priority (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Castle Auction Update 12/03/99, first sets sold ! (with 6023 Maidens Cart)

Hi, The first sets are sold ! Congratulations if you're the happy winner ! ;) Our lego page, for info about this auction and more, is: (URL) name bid bidder Status 6057 sea serpent $15 Jared Stewart SOLD 6059 knight’s stronghold $30 Angie m allen (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: TRU stuff shipped yet? Anyproblems?

(...) Last time I checked my order it was in processing, but it actually got here on Wednesday and I picked it up Thurs. at FedEx. I ordered 3 large blue baseplates for $6.00 using the $9.00 off coupon. Timbo (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toycity (DK)

(...) Anche da me, adesso. Meglio così, forse qualche problema del mio ISP o del sito medesimo stamattina. Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Where is dl for unix?

they're in the IC distribution tar file. see the link for Unix versions at (URL) fred. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Easy on the CAPS

Charles Spindell <legomenace@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FM69LL.E5B@lugnet.com... (...) Remember after the MF was captured by the Death Star, the Imperials reported the MF log described escape pods being jetisoned shortly after takeoff. So the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UK Consumer Service now in Slough

(...) I have one of these. I'll be splitting it for parts soon, if your are willing to wait until late this month/early next month you can have the instructions.... and the box if you want it. Scott A (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FYI - Twisted Time train @ Wal-Mart $19.99

(...) Cool. I picked up about 1/2 dozen of these when they showed up on the shelves at $24.00, and I'll likely pick up another dozen or so if they're back. Thanks! James (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

The Construction Site in Waltham also confirmed that it is scheduled for a spring 2000 release. They didn't have any other information, either. Where was the catalog in which you found this? --Doug Wilcox -----Original Message----- From: Tom Boucher (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think TLC would do well to hire you. This would be an easy set for them and probably go for 30-40 USD. And I would buy one for my Pirate town. Excellent work. Simple, elegant, imaginative. (the sound of two hands clapping) SteveC Perilous (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  UK Consumer Service now in Slough

I called Wrexham today in an attempt to obtain a set of #6278 instructions (no luck 8-( ), and I was redirected to Slough on 0345 080 070. Slough is now the base for LEGO (UK), and from next year they will be known as LEGO Europe North (I guess that (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

(...) I just called S@H and the helpful lady told me that it is now slated to ship in March 2000. She didn't have much information about it other than it is an expansion set and will cost $54. (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4561 alternates?

Martin, There has not been much talk here about how to modify or rebuild 4561, and I am at a loss as to how one would turn 4561 into a steam engine (I just received a 4561 for my 31st birthday). Does Finland have a Shop@Home service like we do? If (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  decoupling capacitors

If i'm not going to use a separate power supply for the motors, it is advisable to use decoupling capacitors, right? what type of capacitors, what's its ratings (10uF or 1uF or?), and between which terminals should i connect it to? please reply (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Exploration Mars Availalble?

Hmmm - For the First time I've seen this in the Online Lego Catalog. Exploration Mars is supposed to be available 11/99. It's 12/99. Anyone found it yet? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Oh I really like the idea of the 1x1 with side stud with a tile on it! Enough of that and you can really get a rough surface. It also raises the expense of the model using up all those tiles but I think it might be worth it. I will try this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

Phil Watt <wattsup1@earthlink.net> wrote in article <3847317B.34C189E2@e...nk.net>... (...) I'm not sure what's up Phil. I had the box almost a month ago. It arrived Thurs Nov 4 and I had it back in the mail Mon Nov 8. I also posted notes here (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Easy on the CAPS

I absolutely agree with John on all of his points. When I expressed my displeasure several weeks ago, many people jumped to the defense of TLG. It is good to see that there are folks out there that see what an atrocity TLG's version of the MF really (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Castle structure advice taken

OK, first of all thanks to everybody who responded to my original post. The discussion was extremely helpful, and gave an interesting look into how a lot of you build larger structures. After various considerations, I think the Technic-peg connected (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on Technic Box #1 (Canadian Tour)

yeah, I was over reacting, but I am with Tom that there should be some accountability and documentation of progress. Thanks Tom, you said it much better than I. -Phil (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

Skipped 5 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact