  *78959 (-20)
  Re: Happy December!

(...) Wow Larry, I did too. Especially the Nürnberger Lebkuchen (gingerbread), and Lübecker Marzipan (Almond Paste confections - tastes better than it sounds). My mother used to make Stollen (German Fruitcake), but quit making it a few years back. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How long is a chain?

Here's the length I came up with. I measured from axle to axle, which should give you working length, instead of end of chain, which is a little too long. And I don't have an LU rule long enough to measure 108 links. :) links | LU | cm | inches (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How long is a chain?

The gear rack has 10 teeth and is 4 studs long. Five chain links will cover it. So 108 chain links would equal 86.4 studs. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) My two cents, Also, if you look through some of the catalog scans here in the guide you notice that cetain sets have parts unique to each set, such as a spiral staircase with Dark Dragon's Den, yellow and black house walls with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How long is a chain?

(...) four poles. -g (sorry) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: External Power Port Problem..?

(...) Yes. It is also worth realising that the rectifier has a lower rating, when running from DC, than when AC is used (with DC one pair of diodes does all the work, and will fail earlier than with AC). (...) I think a fuse is still the best idea, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help!

(...) The shields with the lions would be the the Royal Knight sets, I think. The shields with dragons on them either go back to the Black Knight sets or the Dragon Master sets, most likely. On the bigger shields, are the dragons blue, or green? The (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How long is a chain?

(URL) think this will help you out. -Nick Stefan Elsner wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest

I'm glad and excited my idea aroused so much interest. As for the location, I agree with all of you that northern France, BeNeLux and Germany would be the best choice from a geographical point of view. On the other side, as Jacob properly pointed (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Line in the Sand

Still discussing: (URL) and now (URL) I posted an update to the v4 spec just now. It includes the changes suggested by Jacob. Things have been quiet lately, so I want to throw out a couple of questions: Does anyone have an opinion on whether it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How long is a chain?

"Stefan" == Stefan Elsner <news02@lowpoly.com> writes: Stefan> Lego Dacta #779937 contains 108 chain links. How long is the resulting Stefan> chain? 108 gear teeth long. If you wrap a chain around a gear (say, a 24 tooth one), each link will 'cover' (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help!

(...) hulls (...) most (...) Thanx so much Eric, I'm headed there right now! Tammy Goddard (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  help - where's swengine.dat

I've found a few DAT files on lugnet.cad.dat.models that reference part swengine.dat. Yet I can't find this part. Who can tell me where this part is? Anyone... anyone... anyone... James Wilson (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Yes I am just converting programs and no the language is not the same regardless of the enviornment. On a PC wait = until on a Mac, void does not compile, and several others. I recently received The Unofficial Guide to LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Robots By (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help!

(...) Check out www.brickshelf.com . This is Kevin Loch's site and you can find most directions for sets that are over 3 years old there. Good luck, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Polaroid sensors

Has anyone used the Polaroid ultrasonic sensor kit, as sold by www.robotstore.com? It seems capable, although expensive, with two sensors for about $150. I've seen homebrew devices on the web - but I'm wondering about interfacing the Polaroid ones. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  How long is a chain?

Hi, Lego Dacta #779937 contains 108 chain links. How long is the resulting chain? I'm trying to figure how many packages I'll have to order... Thanks, Stefan (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Per il logo si vota qui!

3-B 3-C 3-A -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Help!

I just recently purchased a 10 gallon bucket full of lego sets at a garage sale (for only $12.00!) for my two young children. Problem is-no instructions to tell me what I have. It looks like I have two castles, two boats with hulls and motor (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) Just curious, how do people feel about "I'm thinking of selling XYZ. If I get a huge response, I will auction it, otherwise I will come back with a price, and sell to the first offer"? How do you conduct trades? Do you trade for the "best (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact