 Robotics / 8755
Re: How long is a chain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:49:33 GMT

"Stefan" == Stefan Elsner <news02@lowpoly.com> writes:

Stefan> Lego Dacta #779937 contains 108 chain links. How long is the resulting
Stefan> chain?

108 gear teeth long. If you wrap a chain around a gear (say, a 24
tooth one), each link will 'cover' one tooth of the gear. So if you
roll your 24 tooth gear over the floor, your 108 chain links would be
as long as 4.5 revolutions of the gear.

Regards,

Johannes.
--
"Do you choose what I choose? More alternatives" - Metallica

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?