 Robotics / 8770
Re: Chains where? (was: Re: How long is a chain?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:21:07 GMT

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Stefan Elsner writes:
Hi,
Lego Dacta #779937 contains 108 chain links. How long is the resulting
chain?
I'm trying to figure how many packages I'll have to order...
Thanks,
Stefan

Ummm... 2 questions:
1. Is there an available picture of this set anywhere? I couldn't find it • in
the pause guide or on brickshelf...

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopicts/DactaPitsco/LegoDactaSpares1.jpg

2. What kind of chain links are they? They're not... [gasping with • hope]...
Bulldozer chain links are they?!

779937 are the chain links.  779938 are the buldozer ones.

(Mostly asking because there were bulldozer chain links at the Mindfest, • so I
assume they're still made... but where do you FIND them? Could Dacta be • the
answer?)

Yep.  But as you will see, they are costly.