 Robotics / 8769
Re: IR tower timeout question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:40:06 GMT

My guess is that when the green light turns off in the tower, it is in
power saving mode... But I think you still can get messages from the
RCX.

Phil

michael yates a écrit :

Hi guys,

I am trying to build a java interface to legOS Lego Networking Protocol. Before
everyone who doesn't have legOS 0.2.2 running closes this message the question
doesn't really concern the final outcome :)

Good, now the question is that I read in a news post and some point that the IR
tower will only be "awake" and ready to receive data if it has recently sent
data. I don't mind this so much because what is the point of having an IR link
if you are not going to use it in both directions BUT at the moment I am still
in development stage and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit more
information on the timeout like what the value is (approximately). I also read
that someone knows the pin to tie to groun (I think) to turn off the power save
"I-am-not-going-to-receive-until-I-have-sent" mode.

Any info appreciated.

thanks
michael

                             Philippe Jadin