  *78600 (-20)
  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

That's a good solution as well. It might be harder to make the descent *really* slow, though, as is possible with a clock-style pendulum. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

I'm thinking of having the gears on the moveable structure itself connect to the pendulum...I'm not sure yet how much friction there will be, I may need to use a lot of lego on the structure to make it heavier. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Mindstorms 1.0 still available anywhere?

Hiya Does anybody know of anywhere I can still get a Mindstorms 1.0 set (9719)? I was just about to buy one, finally, when they all disappeared... if I can't find one I'll probably get the v1.5 set but I'd prefer one with the mains power socket. -- (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO

How about the Technic droid sets? The 2000 catalog scanned at brickshelf.com doesn't mention a release date for these sets as mentioned for the larger system/UCS sets (July 2000), so I figured they would be available the same time as the 1st batch (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Wow, rather demanding, aren't we? I think someone else has already pointed out that I probably meant another Richard (there are so many of you). He was right. (...) Well, sorry if I can't keep my Richards straight, but I'm surprised that a) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MY FOTW (!)

No this set was not available in the UK Phil in Yorkshire. ----- Original Message ----- From: Scott-A <scott-arthur@eh105j...rve.co.uk> To: <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 10:25 PM Subject: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: help - part number wanted

(...) Shuttle". ^^^^^ Oops, how stupid of me! This should be set #8480 (naturally). (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

(...) Scusa Domenico, non sono sicuro di capire bene. Tu terresti il primo logo nella home page, mentre nel frame di sinistra al posto di quel logo identico ma più piccolo metteresti quello bianco e rosso con il font stile Lego? Se è così, su questo (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) copies (...) No I don't. And I rather resent you're assumption of the right to distribute your (erroneous) opinions of my views. The reference was in fact to people who knew that the prices were wrong, but were still "trying it on" to a great (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:FM2t3B.AF0@lugnet.com... (...) (as (...) this (...) to (...) If you pay the shipping, I'd be happy to. Unfortunately (well, fortunately, actually) they usually only show up one or two at a time. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) until (...) YAY!... love this page.. use it all the time... only Todd has a policy where set images are not to be linked to directly from LUGNET (Pause)... how will this affect those of us who link to the parts ref for piece auctions (ala (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: If I wanted a perfect woman I'd marry a minifig..

(...) aside" (...) Eh? Ooops.. ack! Laura was commenting on the aptness of the perfect woman being a minifig idea, as in studies that was the overall male opinion of the "perfect woman". Neither of us endorsed the study though! (...) Somehow I must (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

(...) Due in quella italiana e altre due in quella inglese...:-) Grazie, correggo. Mario (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Naboo Fighter - Looking for Alternate Models

Has anyone made a good alternate model with the Naboo Fighter set? I keep thinking the wings and technic pins (not to mention the hinge on the little wheeled vehicle, did it even appear in the movie?) could do for some cool ships, but I haven't yet (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  help - part number wanted

I'm currently working on an inventory for set #8448 "Technic Space Shuttle". So far I've found one unidentifiable part I can't find in any parts list. A quick search on lugnet didn't get me anywhere. The part ist used in the gear box (instruction (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.inv)

  RE: Motor not turning - help please

(...) Yes, just call them up. The number is on the Lego web site. They will send you a new one. My rate so far is 1 out of 9 not working out of the box. The bad one came out of a recently aquired set. Which means I either got a set that has been in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Motor not turning - help please

(...) Depending on the motor specs, stalling a motor isn't necessarily a bad thing for the motor. One of the favorite switch machines for model railroads (the device that you connect to the turnouts to move them) uses a stall motor for example. You (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) There was a bucket which came with them. There is also a current set which comes with it. It is the Classic Building Table set. A halfway decent set, though you do get a Timmy. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Not to horn in on Dave's territory, but if you have any spares leftover after making him happy, I'd love one. I was just too cheap to buy a whole bucket to get one. :D eric (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Educate me!

(...) Not just in the UK, that apparently was an empire wide thing, although I hadn't heard the bit about it being one pound's worth. Salt and Salary have the same latin root. Now you know why. However your explanation doesn't explain why it's a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact