  *71178 (-20)
  Re: Update 9906?

(...) Ditto. This message is x-posted to lugnet.cad.dev. (...) Terry plans on finishing things up for 99-06. I'll start with 99-07. Well, it might be the 2000-01 update, if there isn't enough of 1999 left to go around. (...) I was waiting for 9906 (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: building a maze

(...) Mine's not light, but it is sturdy.... FWIW, I sawed up some 6x6" lumber into 2' lengths and backed the bottom face with EPDM. I wasn't really building a maze though, I was making physical "waypoints" for a robot navigation scheme -- sort of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2000 catalog FOUND!

(...) EEE...EEEeeeeeh! (...) Soccer? woof! (o no, full moon, im turning into a Lego dog!!!) (...) Ahhh. O!!! EEK! Stop me from drooling NOw please!!! tell the url and scan quicker! no talk- scan! Scan or not not scan, that is the ques(scan)tion. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Use PC's IR port instead of IR tower?

Hello, Is it possible to use a PC's IR port, instead of the IR tower, to communicate with an RCX? (I have a Dell Inspiron 3500). -- Brad Aisa baisa@NOSPAMbrad-aisa.com -- PGP public keys available at: (URL) faire." (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: historical gap for themes

(...) diveristy in some areas (spiders, snakes, scorpions) and so little in others (cows, pigs, chickens). When I was a kid, playing with farm toys was de rigeur. Now, apparently, no self respecting child will play with *any* set which doesn't offer (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: $40 Night Lord's Castle

(...) Hi , I went by the local KB here in Knoxville, Tn <west store> and found the 6097 for 39.99 AND buy one get 2nd one half price!! Wahoo!! They still have 6 more but I didnt ask how long the buy 1 get 2nd half is going on.... John (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 2000 catalog FOUND!

Forget highlights, keep busy scanning! ;-) And give us the URL the second you are done! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 catalog FOUND!

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) Woo-hoo!!! I nearly bought some SW sets last night from Target, hoping they would contain a new catalog, but ended up buying a bunch of food instead. Can't wait to see the scans! -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wheels

They didn't abandon them, at least the smaller ones - they are in the McDonald's sets. (...) Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bigger/better scans of 2000 sets?

(...) Sure he could - there are many cases of sets having 2 stud widths at the legs, and 4 at the arms (the 1775 plane, for example. The cockpit could be 2-wide on the bottom, and his arms could be right over top of the studs on the 6081. In fact, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2000 catalog FOUND!

(...) Great!!! I for one am waiting with baited breath, I hail from Australia and hassled lego Aust. last week when we would see a catalogue here, and was told the usual, febuary or march!!!! I wanted to know if we could get one sooner seeing as (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Movie list

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes: <schnip!> (...) LEGO can't get me a girlfriend?!? <throws bricks down in disgust> MAN! I wasted all my time on this for NOTHING! *grin* That was good; now I've scared the cats. **sigh** -The Cheese, who is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  If you frequent Huw's Promotional site please read

As most of you know, Huw Millington provides us the Promotional database site. He recently asked if someone could get him a set of the Mcdonald's sets. I would like to see if anyone else would be willing to send 1(,2,3,?) if the sets to Huw, free of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 catalog FOUND!

(...) Less talk, more scanning, please. ;) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest/Museum of Science and Industry Mindstorms event Dec 4

Well, there's been a little interest in the Chicago Legofest idea. Its been brought to my attention as well that the Museum of Science and Industry is having a Mindstorms robotics competition on December 4th. It would be a good idea to couple that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: LEGO matchmaking (was: Re: Movie list)

(...) Real. Todd and Suzanne are proof. They both are no longer with their NLSOs and with each other instead. Now, I don't think it's wise to go searching for romance on the internet, and they didn't. But if it happens, hey. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Lego Rodney***...***

Hi, I have had the pleasure of speaking to Fred Martin at the MIT robot lab, I sdaw the crickets first hand doing some interesting things but I doubt they will work there way into a mindstorms kit. SORRY! But I own the Mindstorms kit and Its cool in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article

Followups to off-topic.debate, because... suffice it to say, I do not agree, sir. :-) Stallman may be a bit flakey as a person, but I think the general theme that one can create "free" software and make a healthy living from it is extremely valid. I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Adventurers and dinosaurs in 2000

(...) Hi Paul Yeah last week I posted to duplo and general a fantasy of mine that they would produce a full dino set and got carried away with the brilliance of this! Once i started thinking about how great it would be I wondered why they had never (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Mindstorms and Bungee Jumping

(...) Well, you never know what you can do with Lego till you try it. Skydiving should be a piece of cake. What next? Since it has been confirmed that RCXs aren't afraid of heights, may I suggest a cliff hanging bot? -- C S Soh (URL) where air is (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Skipped 3 messages in group lugnet.admin.general (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact